ᴍᴀʀʀɪᴀɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛꜱ

Nithya took her own sweet time to come to the mandap, testing Raghav's patience to the core. To his bad luck, Sindhu and Anitha teamed up with her and hid her from him until the very last moment.

The priest started chanting the mantras, and Raghav repeated it wholeheartedly. Sharadha and Yazhini stood next to him with a bright smile spread across their faces. Ofcourse it was one of the best moments of their lives.

As it was about time for the muhurtam, the priest asked Yazhini to bring Nithya to the mandap. Raghav's face was as bright as a full moon all of a sudden, making everyone tease him furthermore. Would he even care about those teasing now?

Nithya slowly walked towards the mandap followed by Yazhini, Sindhu and Anitha. She bent down and got blessings from her parents and sat next to Raghav. The priest was chanting the mantras continuously, so Raghav couldn't turn towards her.

After a while, the priest asked Yazhini to take the tray with Mangal Sutra to get the blessings from the guests.

Raghav let out a huge sigh, and turned towards Nithya, who was looking down with a blush. He slowly leaned towards her and whispered "Hello Medico." Her smile grew manifolds on hearing him. She slightly tilted her face towards his side and found him looking at her.

Seeing her reflection through his eyes, gave her a different feeling.

Raghav didn't stop with it and said "in a couple of minutes, you are going to become Mrs. Techie, my Medico."

After hearing those words she couldn't control her joy. She slowly moved her hand down and kept it over his hand. Within a second, Raghav gripped her hand and caressed her fingers. His little act eased her tension and made her calm.

Yazhini came back with the tray and gave it back to the priest.

Nithya immediately took her hand back as the priest was about to give the Mangal Sutra to Raghav. He took it in his hand and looked at her face. She smiled and nodded yes. Raghav tied the knot and everyone blessed them with flowers.

He filled her forehead with kumkum. Everyone greeted them and showered their love.
Raghav and Nithya got blessings from the elders. Nithya's parents were very emotional to see their only daughter, the apple of their eyes, getting married. Even though they know that Raghav will take care of her more than them, tears made their way through their eyes.

Until the blessings session got over, the gang remained silent, making the newly wed suspicious.

Raghav held Nithya's little finger and came around the holy fire thrice and took up the vows. She knew that he had vowed to protect her and love her, the moment he proposed to her. This was just for the sake of rituals, he was repeating it.

He bent down and took her feet, to place it over the roller stone. Yazhini forwarded him the toe ring, and he put it in her finger.

Once everything was done, they started the photo session. Nithya thanked Raghav for opting a temple wedding, as the crowd was very limited. If they had chosen a grandeur wedding, they'd have made to stand the whole day just for the photo session.

Raghav pleaded with the photographer to take the couple photos after lunch, as they both were damn hungry and tired already.

The gang had already made the lunch setup ready for the couple. The dishes were served in the banana leaves, the table was beautifully decorated with rose petals with a heart in the center.

Raghav and Nithya were not even ready to enjoy the ambiance, as their only motto was to attack the food,not even caring about how it tasted.

They both took their seats and were about to start eating.

"Heyyy wait wait!" Sindhu stopped them.

"What Sindhu? We are hungry." Nithya said in a tired voice.

"Madam! We didn't have food yet." Anitha frowned.

"Then go and have some soon." Raghav replied monotonously and took the laddoo in his hand. Before he could take it near his mouth, Aravind held his hand.

"You have to feed your wife first, idiot. And you have to feed your husband first, Nithya." Yazhini told him pissed off.

Raghav turned towards Nithya and found her staring at the laddoo. He fed her immediately, not wanting to wait any longer. Amusing everyone, Nithya took the whole ladoo in her mouth instead of taking a bite. Shravan was already capturing their gala, and had it captured in his mobile. She looked super cute when she was struggling to swallow it.

It was Nithya's turn to feed Raghav. She took her laddoo and gave him a bite. Once the sweet sharing was over, they both started eating their food.

After having food, they all went to Nithya's ancestral house, where they had been staying. Tharani welcomed them with aarthi.

Sharadha and Tharani gave them milk and banana as was the tradition. Everyone went to their rooms to take a rest for sometime, as they had planned to go back to Chennai in the evening.

Nithya changed her saree and wore a sky-blue salwar. She entered inside the room and found Raghav combing his hair.

She slowly walked towards him and hugged him from behind. Raghav smiled through the mirror and held her hand close to his heart.

"Raghav.." She called him and he nodded in response.

"Shall we go to Chennai tomorrow?" She asked him hopefully, making him chuckle.

"Why?"

"I'm feeling tired. In this state, I don't want to travel for another two hours.." she told him with a pout.

"That's why I asked you so many times that day, whether you would be fine if we returned right after the wedding. You agreed then, and we made arrangements for tomorrow's get together at our apartment. How can we change it at the last moment?" He asked as he turned towards her and pulled her closer. Having no answer, Nithya silently looked down.

"You take a nap now Nithya. Even when we're traveling you can sleep while I'm driving. It's just a two hours journey right?" Raghav told her and Nithya agreed to it, having no other option.

They both got into the bed and Nithya hugged him by placing her head over his chest. He kissed her forehead and they both slept.

To Be Continued.