ᴀ ꜰᴀɪʀʏᴛᴀʟᴇ

𝟑 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

Nithya woke up on hearing the alarm. She checked the time and it displayed 7:30! Which means she had been snoozing it for the past one and a half hours. Sighing, her gaze turned towards her daughter who was hugging her dad and sleeping peacefully in his arms.

Mithra had got Nithya's curly wavy hair and Raghav's dimples. A perfect miniature of them!

As the clock was clicking fast, Nithya decided to wake her loved ones. Waking up Raghav was itself an easy task when compared to waking up their daughter.

"Raghav, wake up!" Nithya ordered him.

"Gimme five minutes, Nithya." He said and hugged Mithra.

"Today is her birthday, Raghav! We decided to wish together when we wake her up." Nithya reminded him as she hit his shoulder.

"Yeahh... " Raghav whispered and opened his eyes.

"She is turning three today!" Raghav said amazed on seeing little Mithra.

"Feels like a decade already." Nithya jokes.

"Haha! Thank you for bringing her to this world." Raghav said and kissed Nithya.

Mithra was slightly turning in sleep, and Nithya patted her to wake up.

"Mithra, wake up baby!" Nithya called out.

"Maaa... Noo." Mithra pulled the blanket over her head.

Raghav pulled it back and kissed Mithra's cheeks. He looked at Nithya and signed her to get ready.

"Happy Birthday Mithra!" They both wished her happily. Mithra opened her eyes in excitement.

Nithya lifted her in her arms and showered her face with kisses.

"Thank you!!!" Mithra shouted.

"Now come and get ready. You're a big girl now." Nithya told her with a smile.

"Yes baby! If you obey our words, you will get lots and lots of gifts today." Raghav said.

"Gifts!!! I want a new teddy!" Mithra pouted cutely.

"No more teddy. We bought you one last month. But, Mithra is getting a gift that you had been asking for so long."

"What's it?" She asked as she kept her finger on her chin.

"We will give you in the evening. Now go with Amma." Raghav said to her.

Mithra agrees to him and goes along with her mother. Raghav arranged the bed and took out his clothes for the day. He checked his mobile about the cake delivery for the party and got to know that it would be arriving on time.

After giving her a shower, Nithya brought Mithra to their room.

"Maa...new dress."

"Yes baby; as it is your third birthday, you are going to wear three dresses today. One gifted by Amma and appa , one from your thatha and paatis and another one selected by your athai." Nithya said and brought the dress from the cupboard.

"Ohh.  On my tenth birthday, will you get me ten dresses?" Mithra asked in excitement and Nithya didn't expect this.

"I'll even get you a thousand dresses, Mithra." Raghav replied as he entered the room.

"Amma, athai and mama are waiting for her.  Send her down soon." Raghav said and Nithya helped Mithra in getting ready faster.

Once she got ready, Raghav took out his phone to click a family selfie. Mithra ran downstairs to meet her grandparents, after the picture.