ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ

Nithya was sleeping peacefully in Raghav's arms. Raghav slowly opened his eyes and found his medico in deep slumber. He turned towards the other side to check the time. It was 7 am in the morning.

"Nithya..." He slowly called her name.

"Hmm." She replied and snuggled more in his arms.

"Wake up." He whispered but she didn't care about it.

"Wake up da..." He said shaking her but twisted her lips and turned to the other side.

He knew this wouldn't work. So he started tickling her and Nithya burst out into laughter.

"Raghav!!! Stop it." She shouted.

"Wake up or else I'll continue this." He said with a smirk and she pushed him away from her.

"Is this a way to wake up your wife, the very first day of your marriage?" She asked him.

"Shouldn't the wife wake up first, then wake her husband up?" He was offended and she frowned.

Raghav pulled her cheeks sweetly.

"Happy morning Mrs. Raghav!" He said with his ever cheerful smile.

"Happy morning husband!" Nithya greeted him happily.

Raghav tried to get out of the bed, but Nithya pushed him and got up first. She rushed to the washroom, showing her tongue to him.

Raghav smiled at her cuteness and hugged her pillow. He never thought of getting married and that too a love marriage.

Nithya came out after her shower, wearing a beautiful pink salwar.

As she was combing her hair, Raghav was looking at her by lying on the bed.

"What?" She asked him as she saw him through the mirror.

"Nothing, " he replied, shrugging.

"Tell me Raghav."

"How did I get such a beautiful wife?"

"Aahan! Good question." She turned towards him and leaned on the dressing table.

"Answer me!" Nithya slowly walked towards the bed with a smile.

"By being a smart husband." She replied and went out of the room.

Nithya went inside the kitchen. Shradha was making coffee.

"Good morning Athai!" Nithya greeted Sharadha with a smile.

"Good morning Nithya!" Shradha replied.

"Before I forget, let me tell you this! Thank you so much for the dresses. That was very thoughtful of you ." Nithya said hugging her mother in law.

"Aww it's nothing big ma.."

"No athai, I am a super lazy girl who takes so much time unpacking my bags. If you hadn't bought those dresses, I would have opened all my bags and created a big mess. And I loved your choices." Nithya told her.

"Haha it's okay. Do you want coffee or tea?"

"Coffee!" She said with a grin.

Sharadha poured the coffee in two cups and brought it to the living room.

"Did Raghav wake up?" Sharadha asked Nithya.

"Yeah athai. He is taking his shower."

"At what time your friends will come for the function, Nithya? We should get ready before that na..". Sharadha asked her as they had planned for a small reception in their apartment garden. Many of their neighbors and friends couldn't attend the wedding.

"Around 6- 6:30 athai. Appa had made arrangements for decorations. We just have to get ready and go there." Nithya replied.

As they both were talking Raghav came out of his room. One day, he had found both of them in the same place. That time they were just neighbors and they were getting to know each other. Now, they share a bond, a precious one!

Raghav was thinking about it when Sharadha spotted him. He realized his mom's eyes and smiled at her.

"Maa.. coffee!"

Sharadha was about to get up but Nithya stopped her.

"I'll bring athai."

"Wait ma, I'll bring!" Shardha said.

"Both of you sit here, I'll make my own coffee." Raghav said and went inside the kitchen making the other two laugh.

He came back and sat beside Nithya.

"Athai, Amma has invited us for lunch today." Nithya informed them.

"Yeah she told me da. We will go there for lunch."

"Then what about breakfast?" Raghav asked to register his presence.

"Rava kichadi!" Sharadha replied and Raghav's eyes went wide hearing it.

"What?? Kichadi??" He shouted.

"Yeah. You heard it right!"

"But.. ma.. it's Nithya's first day here. Shouldn't you cook something good? Like her favorite?"

"Kichadi is my favorite Raghav! And it's very healthy, you know." Nithya told him with a smile.

"See, even she is okay with it." Sharadha shared a hi-fi with Nithya.

"Oh.. I am going out now . I don't want breakfast." Raghav told them as he stood up from the sofa.

"Where are you going Raghav?" Sharadha asked him curiously.

"Vicky had been inviting me to his house for a long time. So, I thought of going there today."

"Why didn't he call me then?" Nithya asked back.

"You need not go there just because we are cooking kichadi here. Today's breakfast is your favorite masala dosa." Sharadha said, winking at Raghav. Nithya burst into laughter seeing Raghav's reaction.

Nithya helped Sharadha in cooking. They had their breakfast and went to Nithya's house for lunch.

In the evening, Raghav and Nithya were getting ready for the reception. Nithya was confused in picking up an outfit.

"Raghav! Which saree shall I wear?" She asked him with a pout.

"Red saree." He replied quickly.

"Are you sure?" She asked again.

"Yes yes. You will look gorgeous in it. And don't tie your hair. Leave it free." He said and kissed her cheek.

Nithya wore the red saree and let her hair free just like how he said. It suited her so well!

Raghav was waiting for her in the living room.

Nithya stepped out of the room and Raghav was mesmerized seeing her. He walked towards her and forwarded his hand. She held his hand happily and walked towards the garden, for the reception.

All their neighbors had arrived there to wish the couple. They blessed them with so much love and affection.

After the reception, Raghav and Nithya were walking back to their house. Nithya stopped in the middle and held Raghav's hand. He turned and understood why she stopped him.

Without waiting further, they both moved forward and sat nearby the pool.

Raghav opened his mouth to say something but Nithya stopped him. She leaned towards his shoulder. They both sat there for a while, thinking how their love had blossomed silently.

To be continued.