ᴅɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴅᴀᴛᴇ

RagYa had successfully completed three months of the pregnancy. Even though the frequency of Nithya's morning sickness had reduced, it didn't leave her completely. 

She spoke with her family and got their approval for joining the hospital again. Her schedule was changed and she had to work only half a day, which brought a relief to the whole family. Nithya's parents were not in town. 

Raghav was home early that day, which was a surprise for Nithya. 

"Raghav!!" She squealed happily as she found him standing behind the door. 

"Hi Nithya!! How was your day?" He asked her as he came inside. 

"It was good, Raghav. Do you want coffee?" 

"Yeah I'll have. Where is amma?" 

"Athai has gone to the temple. She just left, Raghav." Nithya replied and walked to the kitchen. 

Raghav went inside the room and changed his clothes. He took out his mobile to call his mom. 

"Hello amma!" 

"Hello Raghav. Tell me." 

"I came home early today. Nithya told me that you have gone to the temple..." he enquired. 

"Hmm yes da. I just arrived here." 

"Oh.. when will you come home ma?" 

"I don't know pa. Today they're conducting a special Pooja here. So it will end late only." 

"What about dinner ma?" 

"I'll have it here itself, Raghav. Don't worry." Sharadha told him with a smile. 

"My work got over early today. So I thought we could go out for dinner tonight..." Raghav told her sadly. 

"It's okay pa. You take Nithya out. It's been so long since you both went out na..." Sharadha insisted. 

"Maa..." 

"Don't waste time da. Get ready for your dinner date. I have a spare key with me. " Sharadha teased him. 

"Love you maa!" Raghav said happily. 

He came out of the room and Nithya was waiting for him with their coffees. 

"What took you so long!" She asked him, pissed, as she offered his coffee. 

"Leave all that! Now get ready." 

"Get ready? Where are we going?" She asked him excitedly. 

"As your husband is home early today, he is taking you on a dinner date." Raghav said and Nithya's face brightened. 

"Really??" 

"Yes Nithya. Go and get ready." He said and she went inside their room happily. 

Raghav smiled at her excitement. His mom was right! It's been a long time since they both had spent time alone. After Nithya's pregnancy, he was very cautious and didn't take her out often. At home, his mother and mother in law were behind her all the time. They got time only at night and he would be busy either with office work or he would write his story. 

Raghav was wearing torn faded blue jeans and a dark blue shirt. Nithya matched his outfit by wearing a sky blue full sleeved anarkali. 

Raghav drove the car slowly and Nithya had played his favorite ARR & Maniratnam playlist during the drive

Raghav drove the car slowly and Nithya had played his favorite ARR & Maniratnam playlist during the drive. He reached the restaurant and they went to the terrace, as he had already booked a table at the rooftop. 

To their luck, no other tables were booked around them. They ordered their favorite dishes and waited for its arrival. 

"Raghav, did you notice something?" Nithya asked him curiously. 

"What Nithya?" 

"This is our first proper couple date." She giggled. 

"Haha but this is our first proper date, but not as a couple." He winked and she blushed. 

"When did you plan for this?" 

"As soon as I decided to come home, I planned to take you and amma out for dinner and booked a table in this restaurant. But amma wasn't home and she asked us not to change our plans. So I called and changed my booking." He said with a smile. 

"That's nice. One day we'll come with athai here. This place looks good." She said observing the surroundings. 

"Not just amma, let's bring athai and mama too." 

Soon their dishes arrived and they started having their dinner. 

"Actually Raghav... I've been thinking of something." Nithya told him on their way back home. Raghav nodded his head and asked her to proceed. 

"Our parents are getting old. Even though we live nearer to my parents, I'm starting to feel the fear that you had been having after athai's surgery..." Nithya told and Raghav pressed her hand gently. 

"What if we move on to a bigger house where we all can live together? We both have to take care of them.. instead of living in two different houses, if we live together we can at least be peaceful. I don't know whether athai will feel comfortable with this idea.. but this has been going through my mind for quite some time." Nithya told him and Raghav immediately stopped the car. She looked at him in confusion. He took his mobile from his pocket and was searching for something in it.

He passed it to her with a picture of a villa.  She looked at the picture and turned towards Raghav. 

"I've been thinking about this thing for months now. I searched for a few villas  which will be nearer to both of our workplaces. This one is fine but I have to negotiate the prices. I thought of telling you about this, but it slipped from my mind." 

Nithya was too shocked to hear this. "How many secrets do you have that I don't know?" She asked him as she held his shirt. 

"Haha relax Nithya! I didn't hide this from you. I had many choices and this one was the most suitable for us. Nothing has been finalized till now." He said and she left his shirt but looked away with a frown. 

"And if they live with us, it will be easy for us only." He said and she turned towards him with a raised eyebrow.

"Our parents will look after our baby and we can go on our ' first proper couple date.' Raghav said and Nithya giggled happily. 

"Thank you." She said and leaned on his shoulder. 

"But there is no swimming pool in this house, where we can spend our nights talking." He chuckled. 

"That's a drawback tho.. but I'll adjust to it ." She replied with a wink. 

They both reached home and Sharadha was waiting for them in the living room. 

"Hi athai." Nithya greeted her as she came in. 

"Hi da! How was your date?" She asked and Raghav stood there silently. 

"It was THE BEST!!!!" Nithya said happily and hugged her mother in law. 

"That's nice to hear." She replied as she caressed her hair. 

"And how was your Dharshan at the temple? Did you have dinner?" 

"It was good as well da. I had my dinner at the temple. You both must be tired, go and sleep now." Sharadha said and they went inside their room. 

To Be Continued.