ꜱʏᴍʙᴏʟ ᴏꜰ ʟᴏᴠᴇ

It was around 1 in the midnight. Raghav stretched his hand on Nithya's side of the bed. The moment he realized that it was empty, he woke up with a jolt. His first thought was that she would be inside the washroom. But the washroom door was open and the lights were also turned off. He panicked and got out of the bed.

Raghav opened the door and went to the living room. Nithya was walking there tiredly.

"What happened Nithya?" Raghav asked her in concern.

"I wasn't able to sleep, Raghav. Those spicy foods gave me acidity." She replied with a sigh.

"Did you take any medicine or shall I wake Amma?"

"No no... I drank hot water now. It should be fine sometime."

"I'm sorry Nithya. If we had stayed home, we could have avoided this..." Raghav apologized to her.

"After a long time, we had spent time together. You should not regret it." Nithya replied and hugged him.

"You go and sleep, I'll walk for some time and come." Nithya told him as he was yawning.

"I'll sit here on the couch and wait for you." Raghav replied and sat there.

Nithya continued to walk until she felt better. Raghav had already started sleeping, balancing his head on his hand. She chuckled and walked towards him. She shook his shoulder and he opened his eyes.

"Come let's go to our room." Nithya said and he sleepily dragged his legs towards their bed.

Next morning Raghav woke up on hearing Nithya's alarm. If she had any important work to be done, she would set an alarm for it. Raghav turned it off and looked at Nithya who was sleeping peacefully. He didn't want to disturb her. He checked her mobile to find what was the title for the alarm.

*Wake up and pack bags for Amma's house.*

He read it and immediately he got upset. She was going to stay at her parents' place from now. He will be missing her terribly. He kissed her forehead and started his daily chores.

Sharadha had already woken up and was making her coffee in the kitchen.

"Morning maa." Raghav greeted his mother and sat on the kitchen countertop.

"Good morning Raghav! Is Nithya up?" Sharadha asked him as she poured Raghav's coffee in his cup.

"No maa. She's still sleeping. Last night she had acidity problem and didn't sleep properly."

"Aww that's horrible you know." She replied, shaking her head.

"When is she going to mama's house? Have you fixed a date?"

"Day after tomorrow Raghav. Yesterday evening I spoke with Tharani and decided on it. I thought Nithya would have told you."

"No ma she didn't..."

"Anyways she's going to be here only na.. we can meet her whenever we want." She replied, cheering him up.

"That's right... "

"When will your project get over?"

"Next Friday ma... But can't assure you that I'll be completely free after that."

"Okay pa, don't strain much." Sharadha told him in concern.

They both were talking while Nithya entered the kitchen.

"Good morning Nithya!" Sharadha wished her.

"Good morning athai. Please make a strong filter coffee for me. I am having a very bad headache." Nithya informed her. Sharadha chuckled and started making the coffee.

"I had kept an alarm... But I couldn't hear the sound." Nithya told Raghav as she thought about it.

"I only turned it off, Nithya "

"Why Raghav?"

"You didn't sleep properly at night.. that's why."

Nithya nodded her head and took her coffee. They both started getting ready for their work. Sharadha had made their breakfast and was waiting for them.

"Maa are you coming with us?" Raghav asked his mother as they were having their breakfast.

"Where Raghav?" Sharadha asked him.

"To the hospital athai. Today is my first scan..."

"You both go ma. If I come we will be three.. and it is inauspicious to go to a place as three people."

"Maa... Are you still believing these things?" Raghav asked her in shock.

"If it was for me, I would not believe these. But this is for you and your baby. So I don't want to take risks in these things." Sharadha told him.

Nithya looked at Raghav and he was lost in thoughts.

"And today you both are going to see your baby for the first time! I don't want to ruin your moment." Sharadha told them. "For the next scan, I'll definitely come to Nithya."

Finally RagYa agreed to her and left for the hospital. Even though Nithya was a doctor, she was hell scared about the scan. Raghav was holding her hand tightly to console her.

She was lying on the bed and the nurse applied the gel on her stomach. As per the gynecologist's instructions they looked at the monitor. They spotted a small dot, their baby, the symbol of their love. Raghav teared up and got very emotional. Nithya was holding his hand, trying to control her sobs.

"Your baby is very healthy!" The doctor told them.

"Thanks doctor. She had acidity last night. Is that common?" Raghav asked her as he was worried about it.

"Haha that's very very common, Mr Raghav. But Nithya, henceforth you should be careful about something else."

"What doctor?"

"Your sleeping positions at night. You should be very careful when you're turning. Try to sit and then turn, Nithya." Doctor advised Nithya and they agreed to it.

Soon Nithya went to her room to meet her patients and Raghav went to his office directly.

He came home very late that night. As he had taken permission in the morning all his meetings were rescheduled.
Nithya had already slept without waiting for him. Her bags were already packed and kept ready.

The next evening, Raghav canceled all his meetings and came home. Nithya was taking her things from the cupboard. He went and hugged her from behind.

"Thank God you came early today. Else I would have screamed at you." Nithya told turning towards him.

"I'm sorry... I couldn't cancel my meetings yesterday." Raghav replied.

"Hmmm... Come home on time. Don't make Athai wait for you... She will not have food until you reach home." Nithya told him as she rested her head on his chest.

"You too come home early. Spend time with athai and mama as much as possible."Raghav told her.

They both hugged each other. It felt so heavy all of a sudden to leave her at her parents house. Their silence conveyed their unspoken love.

To be continued.