ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛ ʀᴇᴠᴇɴɢᴇ

For the next couple of days, Raghav and Nithya ignored each other. Nithya used to wake up early in the morning, do all the household chores, cook food for them and get ready. She had the early shift, so Raghav would obviously be sleeping till she did these things. 

Before she left home, she would either wake him up by giving him a call or by setting an alarm. 

Raghav would get ready and leave to his office leisurely. In the evening, Nithya would reach home by seven pm. She would take a rest for sometime and start cooking their dinner. 

Raghav returns by 9 and he would be too tired to initiate a talk by then. So he would just get freshen up and sit for dinner. They had their dinner, in the same dining table in pin drop silence. If they had to communicate something, they would send a text or write it on a note. 

Their ego stopped them from taking the first step in resolving their fight. First fight after their marriage, and they both expected the other one to come for a compromise. 

Nithya was getting very tired of this silence and she didn't know what to do. 

Raghav returned home early that day, and his work got over. He entered the house using his spare key. He found Nithya's bag kept in her usual place, and her key. But he couldn't find her anywhere in the house. Deciding that she would be back in sometime, Raghav went to take his shower.

When he came back, his phone rang. His mom had called him and he picked it up with a smile. 

"Hi ma! How are you?" Raghav asked her happily. 

"I'm fine da. How are you?" Sharadha asked him back. 

"Good good. What are you doing? Is Yazhu home?" 

"I'm watching TV da. She has some meetings it seems, so she would be late today.". 

"Ah okay ma." 

"Where is Nithya? Has she reached home?" 

"Her bag and keys are here. But she is not home." 

"What reply is this, Raghav? Where is your wife?" She asked him angrily. 

"Maa.. I just came home and had my shower. She might have gone to her parents house ma." Raghav told her his reasons. 

"If you come home and find me missing, then would you be this calm and composed?" Sharadha asked him furiously, minute by minute, her temper was increasing. 

"Maaa..." 

"You both still haven't resolved your fight. Am I right?" 

"How did you know? Did Nithya tell you?" He asked her confused. 

"Do you think I need a third person to tell me that my son is not okay? I understood that you both are having a fight the very next day. I didn't want to interfere in your personal problems, so I stayed quiet. Now you are purposely making me do it, Raghav."

"It's not a big issue ma.." 

"Not a big issue? Then why are you both not talking? Whatever the issue be, just go and solve it now itself. Don't take it too long and regret later." Sharadha said and ended the call abruptly.

Raghav felt bad for hurting his mother as well as his wife. He decided to go and talk to Nithya immediately. At first he thought that she would have gone to her parents house,but then his heart told him where she would be. He locked the house and walked towards the swimming pool. 

Nithya was sitting there, dripping her legs in the water and completely lost in thoughts. Seeing another pair of legs under the water, she looked up and found Raghav. 

Her eyes were still wet and her cheeks had tear strains. He couldn't see her like that, his heart ached. Immediately he pulled her closer into his embrace. 

Nithya broke down into sobs and a few tear drops fell from Raghav's eyes too. After she calmed, Raghav tried to look at her face, but she didn't leave his embrace. 

"I'm sorry." He mumbled placing a kiss on top of her head. 

Nithya nodded no and continued to hug him.

"Please say something Nithya, I want to hear your voice." He asked her pleadingly and Nithya looked at his face. 

"You don't have to be sorry, Raghav. It's not your mistake alone... Even I'm at fault." She admitted sadly. 

"Let's not talk about it anymore." Raghav slowly told her. 

"No Raghav, we need to talk about it." Nithya told him. 

Raghav sighed and gave in to it. 

"Everything seems to be new for me. This new relationship, family responsibilities, everything. I am starting to get adapted to this, but still it feels hard with your ignorance." Nithya told him sadly, Raghav nodded his head listening to her. 

"Do you remember? When we were in our courtship period or even before that, when we had just gotten to know each other, we would just sit here, look at the sky and talk about everything under the sky. At times we would just sit silently with each other's company the whole night. Even when I was in the US, we used to chat about random things the whole night. I would wake up early just to talk to you, and you would be waiting for my message." She told him in nostalgia. 

Raghav smiled remembering those lovely moments of their initial phase of relationship. 

"I'm missing all that now. We both are living under the same roof, seeing each other the whole day, but I'm missing the old us. I understand that we are working hard for our future. At the same time, I feel like we are not giving importance to the present." Nithya looked at his face and told everything. 

"Even I am starting to feel the same, Nithya." Raghav admitted honestly. 

"Our future is important, but I don't want to sacrifice our present for it." She told him. 

"What shall we do?" Raghav asked her hopefully with a smile. 

"Let's try to spend time with each other. At Least one day in a month exclusively for us." 

"Hmm.. how about the last Sunday of every month?" He said curiously.

"Perfect !" Nithya smiled wide. 

"We shall take every step together. Let's share our responsibilities and work on it." He said and Nithya agreed, making him smile. 

"We should fight more often but before going to bed, we should try to resolve it. Whoever is at fault, we should not sleep with anger." Nithya told him and he cheekily grinned. 

"I missed you techie." She said hugging him. 

"Aww I missed you more Medico." He said and she giggled. 

Nithya checked the time and it was already 8 PM. 

"Get up, get up! It's late and I've to cook dinner." She hurried him as she got up. 

"What.. I want to be with you for some more time " Raghav pouted cutely.

"Then you should be fasting tonight!" 

"Why should I fast? I'll just order food online." He said and she agreed to him.

They both sat there until their food arrived. They went home happily after ending their fight. 

To be continued.

Please do share your reviews