ʙᴜɴᴅʟᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴊᴏʏ

Raghav and Nithya had shifted their new home along with their parents. It was a hectic task for Raghav to pack and unpack everything.

Nithya wanted to help him in setting the house, but he sternly told her to take rest as it was just a week left for her delivery. He took the whole stress on his shoulders.

He spent three days at a stretch to set up the whole house on his own. He went to his room and found Nithya sleeping peacefully. He was exhausted and wanted to hit the bed immediately.

Nithya got disturbed due to the night lamp. She opened her eyes and found Raghav.

"What's the time, Raghav?" She asks him sleepily.

"11:30 Nithya." He replied and sat next to her.

"You are coming only now? It's very late, Raghav..." She frowned.

"Just now I finished cleaning everything in the living room. For how many days I can ask you to stay inside this room for the whole day? That's why I decided to finish everything by tonight." He told her calmly.

"Hmm... Sleep now." She told and made him lie down on the bed. She kissed his forehead and patted him to sleep.

Raghav was in deep sleep while he heard Nithya's cry. He opened his eyes and found Nithya, sitting on the bed and silently crying.

"Nithya???" He called her name in panic.

"I guess it's time, Raghav " she told him inbetween her sobs.

He checked the time, it was 4:30 in the morning. He ran out of his room and called out his mom and mother in law. They rushed towards Nithya and tried to calm her.

"Nithya, just bear this for few minutes. We will reach the hospital soon." Raghav said and hugged her. She cried in his arms as the pain was increasing more for every passing second.

Nithya managed to walk till the car and her dad was already waiting inside the car. Raghav sat beside her and held her hand tightly.

In fifteen minutes they all reached the hospital and Nithya was taken inside the labor room. Raghav was restlessly pacing in front it.

"She is going to be fine, Raghav." Sharadha consoled her son.

"She was crying so badly... I have never seen her like this." Raghav said wiping his tears.

"We have to go through this da. Just few more hours, your baby will be here." She said.

Time was running fast, but they did not get any message from the labor room. Here Raghav was getting mad and worried thinking about the struggle Nithya was going through alone. He knew that he can not see her in pain, and that's why he decided not to stay with her inside. But as time passed, it was becoming very difficult for him.

A small wall was separating them and that was paining him like they both were staying miles apart. Making up his mind, he decides to go inside.

"Maa.. I can't stay here anymore. I'll talk to the doctor and go inside." Raghav informed his mother.

"Can you manage there, Raghav?" Subash asked him worried.

"This is the time I should stay with her mama. I can't delay anymore." Raghav replied and went to meet the doctor.

After talking to the doctor he went inside the labor room wearing the safety kit. His heart broke into pieces when he saw Nithya crying in pain. The baby's head had slightly turned and Nithya had to push the baby now. But she had no energy to do that.

Raghav stood by her side and encouraged her to push. Once the doctor realised that the baby was coming out, they pulled out the baby with a forceps, as Nithya couldn't push further.