Chapter IV

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

When search parties arrived and found their missing squad of cops battered and heavily bruised, the korpsmen were forcefully detained and subdued as Supergirl watched with crossed arms. 'I have seen insane, and bat-crazy people. But those 'soldiers', were absolutely taking the notch up.' Kara dwelled as she began thinking and pondering, 'Between a hell-bent mentally-ill criminal, and them 'soldiers' – I have to admit, you don't see such devotion being used at most by some criminals... even the Supervillains.' Supergirl was reminded by the sheer will of the soldier who she had arm-locked and restrained, to actually dislocate her own joint just to be freed, and eliminate the target – that being her. The memory sent a brief chill down her spine, almost ironic when Kara remembers she's Supergirl, a Superhero many people on Earth would consider invincible to be spook by a normal, and ordinary human.

Having traversed safely out through the dark foggy woods, the search party escorted the criminals to the police cruisers, until D.E.O Director Alex Denver – personally with other agents halt the police from ushering the korpsmen into the cruisers. "Stop a moment! We'll be taking it from here." Alex stated so as her agents began to take custody of the apprehended suspects. "What?! You can't do that! These cosplaying-shits beat up my boys, and you expect me to just hand them over?!" a police officer furiously asked and complained, "Yes, I expect you to. I also expect you and the police department to cooperate with us in investigating the Ruins at a much later date. For now, you're tasked with surveying the area and making sure no one gets in or out. Am I understood, officer?" Alex said so in an understanding tone to get the officer from being riled up and to cooperate, and without a word and only a grunt the officer let it go as he and his boys went back to their primary task of keeping the large acre of lands on lockdown.

"Now. Let's get going, shall we?" Alex asked, as though their captive that was then in their custody had any option. However, it seemed to have prompted them into a stubborn defiance state – which caused broken and bleeding noses, and a knee to the groin to a couple of their agents until it took a few more men to get the restrained and cuffed captives in line and into the armored truck. "No. Separate them." Alex issued as the agent nodded at the order, and dragged the Grenadier to another armored truck.

As all were done and settled, the convoy began to move out. Meanwhile, Supergirl decided to tag along for the time being just until the convoy has safely returned back to HQ. 'I hope Lena doesn't mind if I'm a tad bit late. I hope.'

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

Alone in a room with an intimidating man – Grenadier 017823-9348 – would not be undermined by any form of interrogation, and should it be torture, this trooper would not budge nor flinch. "Not much of a talker are you." The man's voice struck the elephant in the room. "Look. We could either do this the easy way or the hard way. It is entirely up to you." The black man finalized with a lace of serious consequences should the captive choose to make it difficult, yet the trooper since the start has remained unmoving, silent, and stoic in his posture – that a thought has crossed through the interrogator's mind that perhaps the person in question that sat just beyond the desk opposite to his was; dead.

That was until the slow sounds of its respirator from its gas mask told telltale sign that it wasn't the case. Instead, it indicated that their prisoner was extremely calm about the situation – their behavior has also been noted since their arrival at the D.E.O facility, and it has been duly noted that any signs or attempts to remove their gas mask have invoked a strong and aggressive hostility against anyone in sight. 'It has nearly been a week, and these guys aren't even close to cracking!' Alex watches the situation in the room take place as she looks through the one-way mirror. Until the small creaking sound of the door swinging open alerted Alex. "Still no progress on them, Alex?" Supergirl waddled in, as she joined in watching too. "None at all. However, through some persuasion – I might get something today." Kara thought that Alex would attempt again on playing the good and considerate interrogator. But what Kara never expected was for the Martian to go through another's mind.