Chapter VII

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

"You must be our passenger – and the important figures that have been tasked to us." A woman whose olive-tone skin, and spoke in a peculiar accent asked. "That would be them, as I will go on ahead using my own form of transportation." Supergirl smilingly teased as she gestured to the guardsmen that walked alongside her intimidatingly.

When the woman had asked, she hadn't been looking as she remained fixed on their vehicle's opened hood – inspecting the armored vehicle's engine – until she looked up to be greeted by the korpsmen that stood on either side of the Superhero. It was a brief deep processing state that the woman went through as she looked up at the soldiers from their boots to their helmets until she spoke back up. "Understood, so we'll go there separately then?" "Yep, and hope to clear out the crowd before our guest of honors arrived." Kara subtly hinted at the korpsmen that remained stilled and stoic. "Well, alright. You can go on ahead, but I'm still waiting for that doofus Nick to show up-"

"Did somebody call for me?" A voice sang in an almost drunken state until it sobered up almost immediately when the short yet frightening woman began to speak terrifying fast and nonchalant threats.

"It seems like everything is set. Masha-" Kara stopped at once and began again to correct her mistake. "Watchmaster, I would need you to listen to anything lieutenant Sandra, and lieutenant Nick has to say or order. Also, as a reminder, please don't break any law and rules." Kara sincerely hopes nothing would turn up, and cause trouble along the way, but there had just been a gut feeling that has been bothering her non-stop.

"Alright, everyone hop on in!" Lieutenant Sandra yelled out as she closes the vehicle's hood with a loud smack, and Nick as he hurls himself up to the passenger seat. With the only available occupation being the backseats, the Watchmaster and Grenadier jumped on in as Sandra turned the ignition and the engine roars to life as the doors were slammed closed.

As the vehicle began to move, it drove around the underground lot as the tires climbed through the steep slope as it reaches closer to the surface with each passing level – and while Sandra kept her eyes on the road, and Nick was nearly fast asleep – the guardsmen looked at the underground space that eerily reminded them of their time in Krieg. All before their departure to a far distant world to fight and die for the Emperor and his Imperium.

With the tires pulling and moving the mobile vehicle out of the lot – there came an eye-striking sight as the sun radiates warmth and heat, and the skies clear as birds soared, the korpsmen had been taken aback at the flourishing beauty of Earth. It had become so striking, that the Grenadier wondered whether Krieg would have looked like this before the turn of events as it became a death world. 'The trees are so vibrant' the Watchmaster commented safely within her own mind as she observed in awe the wondrous view.

And so, the road to the mountains to the ruins has become a sightseeing trip.

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

At Supergirl's arrival at the scene, the crowd of pushing and shoving reporters erupted – as numerous questions had been thrown and questions regarding to possible human civilization other than their own; that was not alien civilization, has finally been confirmed upon their arrival. "Supergirl! Has there been intel from the D.E.O that the soldiers that have been apprehended have been a confirmation that there are – Humans – out in the galaxy?!" "Supergirl! Supergirl over here! Has the D.E.O proven with those visitors that there are in fact; Humans, outside in the vastness of space?!"

The bombardment of these questions made her stammer before she concluded and settled with "No comment" and walked to the police captain in charge of the area as the horde of reporters questioned further in vain.

"Captain Mitch! I didn't expect you of all Senior Captains to be placed into a situation of such magnitude. Especially with your quite amusingly well-known laid-back reputation." Kara teasingly greeted the officer, as she did playfully jab at the man verbally. "Ah! If it isn't Supergirl, my favorite hero, and the hero of our city. What can I do for you?" The man named to be Mitch; and the captain and supervisor of the operation on securing the area greeted back with tired eyes but yet still was able to produce a light smile as he turned to her attention.

"Wow, you look spent." Kara further entailed what she was seeing – a man whom she has known over the years, who is well known to be the laziest and most carefree officer within the police department; was now, currently undergoing exhaustion based on the dark bags that has formed underneath his eyes. "Yeah, yeah I know I look like a panda I get it. But besides that, I know you've got something else to say. What is it?"

"Oh! Almost forgot, well later on in maybe an hour top – you will be receiving some special guests. So, I'm just here to make sure to relay that to you and hope that our 'special guest' won't be trampled or be triggered by the reporters outside." At this news, Captain Mitch could only release a sigh as his head dropped low before he muttered a pathetic 'Alright', and got into the process of handling the guests' arrival.

"Thanks, Mitch." Kara said softly, as to sympathize with the man – though she nor her cousin would know the experience of being remotely tired; but perhaps, the experience of kryptonite that weakens them could be comparable?

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

"They are here!" A man's voice who had yelled aloud gained all the attention of the reporters within the area, and as soon a crowd has begun to form as the armored transport vehicle began its slow approach.

"Be careful now, Sandra. Wouldn't want a poor reporter's feet being run over, huh?" Nick commented as Sandra was becoming furious as these people's hands were marking and touching her 'babe'. "Do not push my buttons, Nick. Or would you like me to remind you what happens when you do?" The woman's glaring eyes dared the man that was a foot taller than her to give it a try, to which he remarkably retreated to do so. "Just saying, that's all. No need to threaten me, damn." Nick felt a shiver when a split image of what had happened before flashed before his eyes. 'Yeah, no thanks.'

Interjecting in then to the situation, officers on standby have begun putting themselves between the armored transport and the overwhelming reporters. "Sir, please stand back!" "No ma'am, now please back up!" incoherent voices were mixed up just outside, until the vehicle had passed through the barbed gate, and was then within the fenced wires.

'Wow, seems like everything had been made quick.' Sandra looked around, assuming that the barbed fences surrounded the mountains and forest that had been built just overnight. 'Guess when it is a big enough issue, things and decisions are made fairly fast, hmm.'

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

At the vehicle's stop and the engine's ignition cut, soldiers could be seen disembarking; but most eye-catching in peculiar - were the soldiers in grey coats and boots, however more in particular, were the mask those soldiers wore.

"-it seems to be that our visitors have finally just arrived, and from what could be seen is that these 'soldiers' appear to be wearing an eerily resemblance to a World War II grey coat. But what is more terrifying, at least from what I can tell are those gas masks. There is-."

As the reporters continued to make their own speculation, ideas and thoughts. The korpsmen paid no attention, only ever turning when the sounds of the camera's shutters continued. To which their dark gas lens eyes stared soullessly at the cameramen and to all others who watched.