Chapter XII

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

National City, Downtown Street – attacks have occurred and casualties may be imminent.

'Superheroes are just too predictable, aren't they?' a woman explained as she mocked them. 'Even if it is just a small poke – like a beehive, they will come swarming in. Disgusting.'

Skin which's blue, triangular symbol based on the forehead - Indigo

"I-Indigo..." an injured and terrified man revealed the villain's identity as she strode towards him as he made poor attempts to scurry away. "Run rabbit, run." Indigo snickers as her creation stepped forward and fired its weapon; which emitted a beam, much like a laser.

In a fortunate event, the stumbling man tripped, just at the right moment as no later than sooner a beam breezed through where his head would have been. 'Please! I just want to go home and see my family!' He cried as he thought of the images of his wife and daughter through the memories that flashes between his eyes.

However, in an unfortunate event, he has just sprained his ankle, and any chances he had in escaping the metal junk that appears to be Indigo's making – were fading as it approached him menacingly.

"Yargh!"

The roar came as swift as a fist did; as it connected with the robot's temple, sending it flying out of the building and onto the streets.

"Welcome, and so you finally arrived. Though a tad bit late, since any longer the man may have been dead." Indigo greeted as she said her speech.

But without a care, Supergirl simply ignored the villain that had been expecting her, as she focuses on the injured man on the floor. "Hey, are you okay?" Kara's voice was soft and lowered, as if it was to comfort a child. "Y-yeah but I think I sprained my ankle." The man pants as he felt the pain when Kara inspected it. "But really, I just want to get back home to my family."

"I got you, so don't worry." The Superhero comforted

"Target acquired; Initiating Firing!" An android vocalized machine spoke as it spurts out hails of continuous lead – painting the walls with holes as it closes in on the Superhero that continued to evade.

"Okay General Grievous, show me what you got!" Kara sarcastically mocked the robot that shared an identical appearance to that of the General cyborg of a film she had watched.

But a same, yet small feeling triggered twice as she approached Indigo's androids.

"Seems you have finally noticed, though I had assumed it was all muscle and no brainer between you and your cousin." Indigo jabbed at the Kryptonians often disregard for their awareness and situation in the midst of battle. "But it appears you felt it, instead of the case that you noticed it." Indigo smirks as she ordered the android to proudly present; encased in its ribcage.

'Kryptonite'

"Kryptonite – a simple stone, yet it is enough to render you monsters into fragile fragments. Scary, isn't it?"

Kara said nothing, as she became just more cautious. "Oh, I like this. I like that this had just got you worried. It's nice to see you – be slightly put on the edge."

"Anyways, eliminate her." At the order, its gatling gun began to spin as it continued to burn the barrel as it further heats. In small steps, the android appears to be chasing after the Superhero as in an intent to weaken the Superhero with its kryptonite.

'Fighting Indigo – I am certain she has more in her sleeves than I know of'

However, with the risk that innocent bystanders could be hit, she opted to engage the android.

In one decisive punch as she had skipped flying towards Indigo's creation – it broke the android enough that with the force; it shattered to pieces.

But in almost an instance, Indigo had swept in when the moment she had caught the Superhero momentarily weakened due to the proximity of the kryptonite. "Got you now!"

Until an armored vehicle made an appearance.

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

"Over there! Turn right, turn right!" Nick hollered as Sandra turned a hard right, nearly causing Nick to slam against the window. "One tango spotted – It's Indigo!" Nick identified as the armored vehicle made its spectacular entrance.

Distracted, Kara had used the brief moment in escaping Indigo's grasp as she distanced herself.

"Annoying pests! Don't interrupt!" Indigo had frustratingly yelled, as another yet android came to the scene and began charging an odd weapon. "Sandra!" "I know!" The Lieutenants screamed at each other as a laser blasted at them; striking the back wheels when they had miraculously dodged it. "Watch it!" Alex Danvers – surprisingly spoke from the backseat, and since she had hitched the ride.

The armored transport vehicle roughly crashed into the side of the building.

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

"Look at you having a hard time, never thought I would be the one to impose it on you." Indigo continues her taunts as she and her android fight with the Kryptonian. "Seems unfair when it's two against one, don't you think?" Kara made another attempt in destroying the android, only for it to impressively evade.

"Tsk tsk tsk" The villain smacked her tongue against her teeth at the sight.

"I know kryptonite weakens you – but what others have failed to do, is tire you out."

Indigo struck Supergirl to the gut, followed by the android following through with consecutive combos. Leading the Superhero bruised and beaten until she has been tossed to a wall.

"Even at this state, it's still taking almost all of my strength in hindering you further. Say, ever heard that maybe everyone is just terrified of you – and is just pretending to be nice to stay on your good side, huh?"

In a muttered yet loud enough tone, Supergirl responded. "We really need to settle and wrap this up – I still got a mission and plans to do!" Kara screamed out as she dashed forward, grabbing Indigo around the waist as she slammed the villain to the ground.

'Damn! The android-'

The sounding of gun fires echoes as the guests interrupted and intruded the fight. "We will keep the android distracted! So focus on Indigo!" Alex yelled aloud as she could be seen joined together by the D.E.O agents, and the Imperial Guardsmen.

'Let us finish this up!'

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸