Chapter III

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

The whole relocation was as obvious as it seemed, almost as if it was outright stated with the thought that there wasn't a thing that could be done about it – and Batman was right – and another thing was that it signaled that the leash that was put on the guardsmen was being reigned in and shortened.

Therefore, the korpsmen's arrival in Gotham City; where Batman resided.

It was a complete change in the scenery, as opposed to National City where it was bright and vibrant, in Gotham City the skies were darkened with black weather clouds and the streets were showered in heavy rain. But the dirt and mud weren't a real change, instead, it actually reminded the Watchmaster and Grenadier of the muddy trench and the frontlines.

Disembarking the transport vehicle that had been provided to escort them with, their polished and cleaned boots splashed the pool of dirty water beneath them as they stood on Gotham's infested street of drug-dealing pints and un-rueful thugs. The thought of a human mugging and murdering another ilk made them disdain the pollution Gotham breeds. 'Some examples need to be enacted.' The Watchmaster involuntarily planned to act on, but the mission was the priority.

Before their departure from National City, another conversation took place, aside from the mentioned relocation. Batman has given them a strict warning, but more especially has given them a mission – it's been quite a while since they've been mobilized – and despite not being on the best term in their strained relationship, the Watchmaster accepted.

As the vehicle pulled away from the side and to the road, the Death Korps Guardsmen were left in the most dangerous part of Gotham City. It was after all where their mission was supposedly located, and their 'Superior Officer' – Supervisor – was waiting at.

In their leisurely walk to meet the superior officer in charge at the assigned location, their conspicuous attire and donning mask did much to attract and gain the attention of the dangerously-looking people lingering in the sketchy alleyways and area. The many eyes that stared at them observed and inspected them – judging whether these soldier freaks were easy prey – especially when these people figured these lunatic cosplayers were unarmed.

However, despite being unarmed; The Death Korps Guardsmen oozed intimidation. It even made the most hardened thug and cold-blooded killer doubt their ability to take them on. Therefore concluding the entire walk was uneventful, something that was greatly appreciated as she couldn't be bothered. Until that was supposedly ruined when an ignorant cocky bastard stood in the way – displaying an incredible lack of experience of danger – perhaps attempting to gain recognition and respect from the others around.

'What is that moron doing?!' a thug that has been in the street and criminal line of work fathomed and ridiculed the scene set out by the apparently fresh-cut newbie.

"You folks must have some cash on you since you're willing to walk on these streets unless you came here without any bargaining chips for your lives?" the man must have practiced that line a hundred times with the mirror, as he perfected it with a wickedly crooked grin.

Under the heavy rain that was picking up, the thunder that strikes and rampages across the clouds increased the cinematic scene – like it was making way for a build up till it reaches the climax – when finally, the once composed confident man began to feel the delayed experience to hide or be away from these 'freaks. But the man's ego wouldn't allow that, and so he decided that being physical would get more of a reaction than being vocal.

He was right, he received more of a reaction than being vocal as he was kicked to the gut drastically hard. It had been so sharply inflicting that he felt the content he had eaten rise up to his throat and heaved out and vomited against the washing water on the ground. However, as he was heaving out the food he had earlier digested, while he was kneeling against the ground it made it easier for the woman to give him yet another kick but this time across the jaw.

Kicked to a bloody pulp, the thug was beginning to black out. But the Watchmaster wasn't done just yet, and so it continued while the Grenadier stood behind the kneeling man and is grabbing him by the hair to present the filth's face to kiss the boots that struck him.

But before any more could transpire, someone joined and intervened.

"That's enough!" the man firmly stated as he caught the flying kick that was supposed to strike the bloodied man. In any other case, he would have dodged because despite having caught the kick, it packed a lot that he was certain that underneath the blue-black suit there was a forming bruise.

Yet despite the clear lines that stated to conclude the situation, he was perceived as an enemy and was instantly attacked by the soldier he had his back to who dangerously nearly caught him in a headlock. Having performed an agile evasive maneuver he successfully escaped the iron-grip clutches that terrifyingly reached for him.

"Look here. I'm quite busy, especially since I have guests that have been thrown to me to meet up with. So, let's get this over with fast?"

He wasn't boastful nor was he cocky, instead, he seemed really adamant to wrap this whole thing fairly quickly. Therefore, without another moment wasted, he went all in.

The fight was different than usual, he figured as he continued to brawl against the two experienced and perhaps expert close-quarters combatants. It was in this moment both the enemies were maybe not from Gotham, since any criminal of this caliber would definitely make him take note of them and be remembered.

Then suddenly it clicked.

Just then, in a split decision, he was able to successfully detain the woman as he held her hostage to keep the other at bay to finally ask her a question.

"Are you the ones Batman sent?"

"You must be Nightwing?"

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸