Chapter XV

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

Silence occupied the conversation between the Director and the Watchmaster. Especially after the deliverance of such a determined and moving speech.

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

"That maybe so, but perhaps consider the reasons as to why the people here do so."

Alex attempted to reason, perhaps hoping to garner sympathy from the cold unmoved Watchmaster – but it proved difficult when the null and uncaring gas mask was the receiving end to have any good expectations.

"There are threats – dangers that are beyond our control; outside of our capacity to inflict anything against."

Alex changed the pace as her emotions began to take over her action and words.

'I am at least certain the Watchmaster doesn't understand the overwhelming feeling of being completely helpless in times.'

"So, tell me how would the Imperium would handle such a world-threatening crisis?"

Adamant in her mind, Alex fired her shot as she never budge from under the icy and soulless gaze. Thinking that the Watchmaster had no more to say, Alex nearly concluded-

"The Imperium will continue fighting – until it emerges victorious – regardless of the countless casualties, or the deteriorating state of the planet. Everyone and everything – Imperial; will fight for the Emperor!"

At that moment, all Alex thought was the changes that would occur if Earth's fate was connected to the Imperium's Rule.

'For certain, if Earth ever becomes an Imperial planet – we could have access to their blueprints, their advanced technologies, and many more to improve our standing.'

However, despite the good that could come in being a part of the Imperium. There was a side of the Imperium that would be against the alien laws that have been implemented by Earth's government to protect all alien races. Most especially at how extremely xenophobic enough and hostile the korpsmen were during the tape when Martian Manhunter was revealed an alien and a psyker.

Immediately at such thought, Alex was directed to her sister; Kara, who would protect Earth and its people – as all of the Justice League would – then she would rather Earth remain dependent on its heroes than those that would destroy Earth in the process to achieve a victory.

"Okay – you're excused, Masha"

Pardoned, the Watchmaster produced a crisp salute at once before she began to march away to resume its task.

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

Hours later...

Back at the D.E.O Headquarters...

As the androids that have been salvaged were dismantled and processed – news and details surface about clues to Indigo's wicked plans.

The soldiers' time in being dismissed, and that have been used to rest have then been deliberately cut short as the lieutenants and the korpsmen's presence were immediately requested.

It had not been long when the soldiers entered the room, prepped and ready; as the four soldiers stood at attention. "Director!" In unison, the soldiers greeted as they offered a salute.

"Ladies, Gentlemen" Alex replied before she rose from her seat and approached the board with stickered photos, and the crosses of many depicting lines. "Now let's start the briefing"

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

"We have gathered intel that Indigo has something big, and we already have a clue on what it is – since we've just faced it." At the obvious hint, Sandra spoke up about what she had in mind. "Wait – no you don't mean there's more of those things?!"