Chapter X

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

"Director! It is so good to have you back!" an old senior staff officer greeted the woman with relief as chains of commands were returned back to the Director. "Senior Officer George, I must commend you on keeping the fort and the reigns in my absents. You did a spectacular job."

The compliment made the aged man let loose as he chuckled, before naturally returning back to what's presented as a serious man on deck as he accompanied the director to the meeting room.

Meanwhile, the exhausted and the spent went to the canteen to entertain themselves with a warm set of delicious meals. It hasn't been a moment before the professor and the student took a mouthful and began to eat the food on their plate.

"If you don't slow down you will end up choking-"

On cue, the young teenage girl began to wheeze as she slams her chest repeatedly. Tears brimmed from her eyes before a pair of hands snaked around her abdomen and the person began to perform Heimlich maneuvered.

"Ugh!"

Just as the food had been removed, spat out, and cursed, Emelia turned to look and thanked her savior – who had worn both a worried and amused look – before the said person spoke yet again.

"As I said, slow down or you would end up choking."

The woman looked captivating as her voice was sweet like honey, and the combination of the worried face she made and a small smile made Emelia gulp. "Well then, excuse me." The lieutenant pardoned herself as she walked away with a tray in hand.

Stuck in a captivated state, the professor had to step in as he teases the girl. "Look at you getting your heart captured, by a woman no less."

"Shut up old fart."

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

"I see you have yourself a fan girl, huh?" Nick brought up the event he had witnessed when he had just taken a seat and before he could dig in. "Oh it's nothing, it's probably just admiration." Taken aback at the harsh words, Nick made it obvious to express what he felt. "Look at you ignoring a crush, you'll make the young girl heartbroken."

"Stop it. The girl is still in high school, so leave it alone." But it was certain that the man had no intention of doing so – based on the shit-grin he displayed. "But what if after she graduates, and she's legal, what then?" the man began to wiggle his eyebrow as his smile grew.

"Just no. Drop it." But then the smile has grown to copy a Cheshire smile when he noticed it.

"Feels nice does it – to be in control – knowing that someone is interested in you. Now the question is, will you be just like your crush?"

The question knocked the woman confuse, but the man continued and this time the smile was wiped clean.

"I mean, you know how it feels to have your crush that has yet to even notice or acknowledge your feeling towards them. It hurts, you told me. So now, here you are in this situation."

Nick let the words and the said situation sink in.

"You don't like it that your feelings are ignored, so don't let that be the case for the young girl. Either break it up or whatever, so long as you talk to Emelia."

Then the man returned to eating his meal as though the conversation never happened, even groaning at times as he enjoyed the food.

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

Fixed in deep concentration, the woman had been analyzing and depicting provided intel that was messily spread – such as clues to Indigo's hideout. Especially when it has been noticed that Supergirl had gone missing in action. Though it may have been a hunch, Alex was certain Indigo had something to do with it.

Therefore, in an act to kill two birds with one stone, Alex made it her objective to find Kara, which in turn would find Indigo.

However, while she was overwhelmed and plagued by many thoughts, her focus was disrupted when;

"Director! News has it that the National Guards has arrived."

At the announcement, the director, staff senior, and others within the vicinity heard the news, and a few cheers erupted at its disclosure. "About time!" "Heck yeah!"

But it wasn't long when Alex returned back to her rigid composure as she went straight back to work. However, not without finding the person she needed who happened to walk by. "George, I'm sorry to bother you when you deserve the well-needed rest. But I need to confirm and cross-reference with you the intel you provided. I have a gut feeling that I'm close to sniffing out Indigo."

In a deep breath, he exhales as he stood straight. "Let me get a cup of coffee for the both of us then" he smiles as Alex mirrored him, before agreeing with him. "No doubt we'll need it. There is so much to be done."

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

"By the way George, this location – the ones you had circled in grey marker. What's over there?"

It has been an hour since the duo began to use and cross-reference the various intel before finally, it seemed a lead had been found. "Well that's an industrial area – warehouses, factories, storage facilities, and any other industrial thing you can think of goes on."

George continues, as he provided information that can't be found in the intel laid over across the desk and map.

"However, when the invasion suddenly began it was reported by eyewitnesses on the scene that androids emerged from the area – possibly in that industrial area. But we can't be too sure, since we had been occupied in defending, so there hasn't been any scout sent to investigate."

"I see, thank you George for your input and assistance. I think I can take it from here, now go get some rest."

George could only nod as he yawns, the man already being too tired and exhausted that it made Alex guilty for having the old man stay much too long when he had done his duty. 'Okay then, time to assemble the team.'

But in a split last moment, just before George could exit through the door, Alex had one last question. "Wait. Do you happen to know who mostly owns that industrial area?"

"Let me think, let me think... oh! There's a name that pops up often in the list. I think it's; Alexander Luthor."

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸