Chapter XIV

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

"You are a literal monster – Supergirl" Indigo spat as she received another hit, though her block being nearly ineffective against the Kryptonian's punch. 'Without a kryptonite anywhere near, she's gradually regaining her power – Damn it!'

"I don't know about that, seeing that you terrorized the city and its people, Indigo. The way I see it, you're it"

Supergirl's comeback seemed to affect Indigo, "Maybe so, but if you were to go berserk – who's to say anyone could stop your massacre?"

As the opponents fought and clashed, the soldiers finally made their entrance. At extreme precision, the Watchmaster and Grenadier gave enough distracting shots at Indigo, though it had little to small effect as the villain's odd deflective body.

However, it seemed that Indigo have forfeited – knowing that as little as a distraction could spell her defeat when fighting a Kryptonian.

"We will meet again, Supergirl. Be prepared till then, because you'll need it."

But just as Supergirl attempted to make chase, an android had jumped from a building rooftop and caught Kara in her pursuit. "Wh-what?!" Until it immediately exploded – knocking the Superhero crashing to the ground by its force.

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

As the dust and smoke settled, Supergirl could be seen injured by the tiny shrapnel of kryptonite. 'Shit!'

"Sandra get the vehicle ready! Nick, do you have a tool kit on you?!"

While the Director barks out orders, the korpsmen took on the role of securing the area for any more androids – in their eyes; Necrons.

'Damn that's a lot of shrapnel...'

Alex thought as she examined the damages it has inflicted on Kara. "Here Director" Nick presented a surgical tool that should allow Alex to extract the harmful fragments before Kara's accelerated healing closes the wounds and trap the kryptonite.

"I need assistance-"

Just as she was about to ask, a pair of boots stood beside Kara's laid body, and the person knelt. Without a word, the Watchmaster began to perform alongside the Director – their firm, yet steady and delicate carefulness at the Superhero's wounds.

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

Exclaiming in a sigh of relief, the surgical removal of the shrapnel went without a hitch. "Thank you, Masha."

The Director addressed in purpose as to properly convey her thanks to the person – instead of merely the soldier's title, or rank. However, despite the good and genuine intention, the Watchmaster only coldly responded in a short simple word "Director" and returned back on patrol with the Grenadier.

"Do you think they're what every soldier should be?" Alex curiously asked the Former Delta Operative, who responded with a snort. "I know a lot who wants to, but only a few who can and are, Director."

It was silent on Alex's part for the moment before she began, "Alright! Call Sandra and ask her to assist you in taking Supergirl to the vehicle and return to HQ. Meanwhile, I will remain back with the korpsmen and gather and collect the trashed android Indigo has left."

"Will do, Director." Nick responded

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

During the clean-up operation, with the assistance of other agents, it wasn't long until the last of the androids were stored and towed to the D.E.O Headquarters.

'Necrons' The Grenadier thought as he looked at the piles with a hollow expression – that, that matched the mask he wore.

From a distance, Alex watched and observed the korpsmen as she struggled to decipher their psychology. Though she expert on Bio-Engineering, Alex in some moments have in term studied little about the human mind, therefore being slightly interested in the guardsmen, preferably the Watchmaster.

"Hi!" Alex greeted in her approach, which received yet again a cold shoulder – "Director" – the Watchmaster responded before Masha attempted to move elsewhere. However, the Watchmaster was held back by the Director's question.

"I know we have only met" Alex said, though she has already done enough available research on them, but feigned ignorance as she continued. While Alex has also been the cause of the Grenadier's turmoil in the interrogation room.

"But I'm interested in something I heard about being soldiers to 'The Imperium of Man', which I hope you don't mind explaining?"

Though her request was bold, and it could be assumed that the Watchmaster caught on to the Director's sly motives, the Death Korps Watchmaster still went on to explain the Imperium's, Military Might.

"The Imperium's Military – the Astra Militarum – is Mankind's primary combat force, and the main line of defense from the many myriad threats that endanger the existence of all Man."

"That endangers the existence of all Man – what do you mean by that?" Alex became worried and cautious at the news, and though she has been informed of what spiraled on at the Justice Hall – this information may just elaborate more about the Imperium's other enemies aside from the Chaos Gods.

The subject may have been sensitive as the Watchmaster has turned quiet. Though it did not take long for the explanation to continue.

"The menace and savages Orks, the vile and wicked Eldars, the monsters and destructive Necrons, and the leeches and hungry Tyranids."

'It seems the Imperium has many enemies'

Although the list of hostile factions baffled the Director, it has both amazed and terrified Alex as she wondered just how the Imperium could handle most – if not all and still remain assumingly as a powerhouse

"I see. But tell me, are the people of the Imperium; the same as the people here?"

Alex was surprised at her own question, but it had been the result of being in charge of the D.E.O – their sole purpose; to monitor those with extranormal superpowers and to prevent any threat to the general public.

Just because – those that possess such powers; are prone to cause harmful destruction to an ordinary human, which may cause death.

In a response to the question, the Watchmaster offered an answer to it.

"The humans here on 'Earth' varies little to those in the Imperium – However, they do not depend on the Xenos, the Psykers, and the Abhumans – to help, to shelter, and protect them."

The Watchmaster continued, "All that is needed, is His Angels the God-Emperor's bulwark – and we the Imperial Guardsmen as the spears that pierce the endless foes under his name."

Silence occupied the conversation between the Director and the Watchmaster – after the deliverance of such determined and powered speech.

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸