Chapter I | Volume 3

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

When the deed has been done – the fleeting sense of justice emboldens – Kara who wore the charade of Supergirl experienced an odd sensation, something that was undiscovered till then. Change.

Despite not being the one to end the menace of society, and perhaps the galaxy, she had a mixed feeling that was stirring within her – like a cauldron that was being cooked by witches – and she was terrified at it when she idly looked at the hollow, lifeless husk body of Indigo's.

Kara at that moment felt conflicted once more, but now it was absolute and the results were shown to display the choices that were done. Indigo was defeated, and dead.

It was in that moment she jumps between the thoughts on being happy at the fact, but on the other it felt as though she has lost to herself in the same way as if she was defeated. But as she focused none other than herself and the trains of thoughts that ran a marathon inside her head, outside to reality there was an unfolding scene occurring to which she absently ignored.

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

"What did you do?!" Flash unconsciously yelled aloud at the sight he was presented, along with the rest of the members who remained in their place while having their eyes on none other than the heavily bruised and injured soldier.

"She just killed Indigo..." Clark mumbled as he uttered the words that he distastes – death and the act of murder – before he took his eyes away from Indigo's and glared openly at the soldier.

Meanwhile, Wonder Woman and Batman restrained their voices and reaction to what had taken place. But it could be easily understood that Wonder Woman was a warrior first before a hero, and that as a warrior, death wasn't at all uncommon between enemies and in battle. For Batman however, he had more to say than anyone else present. However, as the person he naturally became as a vigilante in the crooked city of Gotham – he learned to be reserve and observe. Yet that can't be applied to others so simply.

"Calm down!" Batman ordered, but Flash confusingly yells "She just killed someone that's already beaten! She's-" "Calm down, now isn't the time to-" Batman interrupted to reason, but just as he interrupted Flash, he was too by Superman.

"She needs to be put in jail." Superman almost too calmly spoke, as if he was repressing his inner turmoil from exploding to the surface. But that seemed to be hilariously thrown off when the Watchmaster did something so much to tick the Man of Steel.

The Watchmaster tilted her head, almost as if confused at the fuse is all about.

But before Superman or Flash could make another comment, Wonder Woman stepped in. "The act is done, there's nothing else that can be done. But despite murder being frowned upon within the League here on Earth, sometimes in a battle – there's nothing else that can be done. But death."

That. That speech somewhat earned the respect of the Watchmaster as she recognized a warrior in that woman. 'Perhaps she'd bid well in the Adepta Sororitas; Sisters of Battle.'

Until out of the blue, heavily enhanced androids ambushed and jumped on them so unsuspectingly that it caught them unprepared. But just then, just like how the androids had emerged out into the open, so did the Children of Liberty – as well as Agent Liberty.

With quick efficiency and effectivity at dealing with the enemies at hands, the Children of Liberty performed remarkably well in assisting the fight, that the Grenadier nearly anointed them to be comparable to that of a serving guardsman. When the last of the enemies were finally dealt with, Agent Liberty introduced himself as he approached Batman, and presuming towards the guests of Earth as well.

"Batman, it's weird to see you away from Gotham." Agent Liberty pointed out his surprise, only then to redirect his attention to the humans from an undiscovered or perhaps different realm. "And it is a pleasure to meet our visitors." In an instant the man donning the bronze helm produced a sloppy but nonetheless salute towards the human soldiers who reacted to it mirroring a salute but with more dedication and discipline.

Despite the helmet protecting the Agent, it also provided to conceal his identity, but that was useless when he was already exposed and convicted of the crimes but then pardoned many months ago.

However, before any more pleasantries or conversation could spark between both sides who harbored strong hatred towards any extraterrestrials, except for humans that lived out within the stars, Batman intervened. He knew – Batman knew and understood – that if these people united under the impression of justified hate towards being violent xenophobes, it could spell out bad news, and countless death that would shower the Earth in blood.

"We are leaving. Watchmaster, you will be sentenced to the brig until we know what's to be done next-" But as if there was a game of being intrusive and always interrupting an ongoing conversation, Ben Lockwood – Agent Liberty – stood between the guardsmen and Batman.

"I believe I don't like the ways these people are being treated, Batman." Ben stated, and almost accusingly hinting that he knew the soldiers were being subjected to intense supervision based on being attached to Alex Danvers herself. Meanwhile, Batman said nothing and opted to remain unreactive and silent.

"I will not tolerate my fellow men to endure such treatment, especially not in the presence and forced to the submission of the Justice League. We are free to choose, and so do my fellow guests."

It was becoming obvious that Agent Liberty intends to take the Death Korps Guardsmen under his wings – the Children of Liberty – and Batman couldn't let that happen. But it was difficult when Ben was using the excuse of the law and the prideful nature of humans to be free in their act and thinking, however more so when Ben pointed out that the Justice League was keeping 'innocent humans' captive.

"As Director of the United States Bureau of Alien Affairs, these soldiers are under my jurisdiction as anointed by the law. Batman."

It was final. Even if it was Batman, he was still only a vigilante against a xenophobe who had a position as an official in the United States Secretary of Alien Affairs.

But when it was thought to be over, Agent Liberty leaned in to whisper something under his mask to Batman. "So be sure not to mistreat our guest."

Pulling back, and his bronze mask gazing emotionlessly towards Batman and the Justice League behind him, he spoke one final time. "However is the case, you will remain as their host guide to our world. But make no mistake, if you ever so threaten them in unfair treatment. You will answer to me, personally." Even when Agent Liberty knew he wouldn't be able to take down Batman in a fight, he could destroy the Justice League's reputation to that of tyrants in disguise of justice and security.

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸