Chapter V

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

The subdued criminal thugs were all restrained in professionally done knots, tightly secured with whatever material could be used to keep them in a state of unmoving, well without being dead if the grenadier could help it. Especially when those who woke up from their unconscious state became aware of the cold chills that ran down their spine from the intense murderous look the male soldier produced when standing guard over them – almost as if daring them to even move an inch and see what happens. Hylric, was after all in a bad mood as he was dutifully shaken as a guardsman, and personally disturbed as he was a man who has difficulty in accepting the abrupt change of nearly all the entire foundation of his purpose over the short course of his time here on "Earth".

"No mercy on the battlefield. No enemies of mankind deserve our mercy!"

"The enemies that go against mankind, are an affront to be simply alive whilst HE – still sits on the Golden Throne of Terra – for the Emperor! To battle!"

"Those who do not kneel before the Master of Mankind, the Emperor of Humanity! Are foul pagans! Torch them of their putrid existence! Cleanse these scourges!"

When Hylric, before he had been named – korpsman 017823-9348 –, was then had simply just been a simple grunt, he couldn't have been more content than any other time than smelling the strong stench of black powder from the roaring firing siege artillery. But times have changed, and in the circumstances, he had been pulled to the front line to serve as a line infantryman. Yet, he saw nothing to note to complain. Even then, life as he knew it has just simply been – content.

Until he was thrown into this foreign planet with these heretic humans who cheer and perhaps worship these xeno filth that "saves" them. Hylric could only share his disgust at the naïve and foolish humans who were oblivious to the fact that these "heroes" were putting on a façade, a charade to which they hid to conceal their vomiting existence.

The Grenadier's thoughts were correct to some degree, especially when the Watchmaster shares the same ideas. What would happen, if these "heroes" were never "heroes" and they were villains like the ones they fought against. 'Exactly, everything will change and they aren't that actually different from a villain. They could simply be villains, but just had the title of heroes.'

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

While Masha and Dick conversed nonchalantly under the gloomy night, under the dark skies on top of a building a figure watched with analyzing and curiosity at Nightwing's talking associate and companion. "Well Dick who's your friends?" the man whispered behind his mask before simply taking his leave.

"So I suppose you have no clue why Batman decided to have you guys brought in to Gotham, don't you?" Dick assumed that was the case before it was confirmed by Masha with a nod. "You see, he told me about the case regarding you and your subordinate. I've also seen the news, so I'd say I'm greatly informed to an extent.

But besides all that, after being away from Gotham for days since he partook in the battle in National City. Let's say, things here got out of hand when news spread that Batman was nowhere near and what'd you know the thugs and scared criminals suddenly came out all crawling.

Surprisingly enough, their numbers and rate of crimes were still being controlled. Thanks to a certain 'somebody', but then as you surely guessed by now – the arms business seemed to grow rampant – and every criminal is getting their hands on military-grade weaponry.

Which leads us to here, assisting Batman in searching for clues to who's the supplier."

Nightwing finally ended the long talk, and he took a pause to take a moment to look between the grenadier and watchmaster. "But well... we didn't find any information here... so..."

Dick looks towards the waken group of criminal thugs as he made his plans crystal clear. But despite the strong appearance, and dedication he has to serve and protect the streets of Gotham – Dick was no cruel person and might even oppose violence if he could, but he needs to; as a vigilante, as a protector.

"Hylric will handle it." Was her short answer, to which he had to do a double take as he processed her words to be certain he wasn't hearing things. "If he can do it..." Dick turned to look at the soldier in the distance as he stood menacingly guarding the criminals. Of course, Dick knew that the soldier could do it – they were soldiers after all – but that wasn't why he was uncertain. He was uncertain whether he should let the soldier that was brooding with dangerous thoughts take the gauntlet on handling to extract the information out from the thugs.

He just feared that perhaps a broken limb or a shattered bone wouldn't be enough for the soldier to stop. But he relented to the Watchmaster's request to allow the Grenadier to handle the interrogation.

'Oh I hope they give us the intel without making it too difficult...' Nightwing wished.

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸