Chapter VII

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

On their track to make it to the D.E.O Headquarters, the unit mobilized in a cautious and steady approach that irks the korpsmen at the pace. But the Watchmaster suppressed the inborn urge to advance in the Krieg way; which showed that no matter what rank is held in the Death Korps – the affiliated ways will always remain imprinted.

Korpsmen do not think – but simply eliminate the foe.

But despite it once again, as a contradiction to what Krieg Guardsmen follow. Watchmaster Masha was slightly different from her kin, and the Grenadier has gradually begun to see and sense it as well after being attached under her command.

How a normal korpsmen line infantry, turned into a grenadier and learns as he serves under the watchmaster's guidance and lessons she inputs through her orders and decisions she chooses.

It wasn't long after having transverse the active war zone that the team encountered a large patrol that was marching and hunting human stragglers. "Looters – suppose they made some noise that attracted the metal junks. Wouldn't put it past them if those androids had enhanced hearing."

Nick could only silently agree with what Sandra had said as the team laid back and watched. "A-aren't we going to help them?" Emelia stuttered as she looked at the androids that has mercilessly traumatized her – marching to finish someone off as the looters ran.

"Too many of those metal junks. Also, the greedy bastards knew the place was crawling with those things surely, but couldn't let the opportunity slip to loot. I say those guys deserve what's coming to them."

Nick seemed adamant at his assumption, but it couldn't be helped as Sandra knew the person who had seen the worst in people was Nick; as he operated counter-terrorism and witnessed how cruel people could just be.

"Okay that's enough sightseeing, everyone let's move around them to be sure to avoid their detection. Wouldn't want to be caught up in their radar now, would we?"

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

Sighing in exhaustion and as the wound tears back open, Alex heavily leaned against the side of the building as she catches her breath and bears the pain. "Director, you alright?" Sandra took notice as she looked at the clean patch that have been put, which had then become dirtied with the stains of blood. "We should take another rest-"

"No, I can rest at HQ. Besides, we're getting close... argh!"

Alex fell to her knees as her legs couldn't remain to stand. "Director, the wound is opened. We need to address it." It took a moment as Alex contemplated whether to delay their return until the choice was made for them.

"Lieutenant Nick, carry the Director on your back. We'll clear the way immediately."

The Watchmaster didn't wait as she and her subordinate proceeded at their own fast pace at clearing the path ahead. The buildings that remained damaged and standing, as it endures the art of war – painted by grim paint of dark gray from the ashes of explosions and dust.

It was an apocalypse as the streets were torched in burning fire, and cars burnt in charcoal paint. In this situation, even the ex-marine, and former delta operative – these situations fit none other than the korpsmen of the Death Korps of Krieg;

Versatile to battle in any harsh terrains. Always the soldiers to be most appropriate to deploy despite the numerous various warfare and its conditions.

The battle is the Korpsmen life and their deathbed.

◹][◸ ~ Astra Militarum ~◹][◸

Moving from one building to the next, and across the street to another – the level of destruction that is bore witnessed was devastating – as the team followed on with the guardsmen leading. Though there hasn't been a moment to stop and take a breather, the catastrophic event had just been too eye-catching to not look at with sadness on their face.