𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡 (𝟏)

Cass stood inside the TARDIS, a mug of coffee in one hand, and a telephone in the other, as she waited patiently for Rose to say her goodbyes

Noticing the blonde entering the machine, she popped out, wrapping her arms around a startled Mickey, before letting go and doing the same to Jackie, thanking them profusely for everything they'd done for her.

Pulling away, she walked back to her best friend, mobile in her grasp. At his curious expression, she explained, "Tinkered with it, and with some help form the TARDIS, it should be able to reach me no matter where I am. I refuse to lose touch, so when I call, you better answer Mick, you got it?"

The young man nodded, before pulling her back into his arms, hugging her tightly again,"You take care of yourself, alright?"

"Promise, you know me, careful's my middle name," Cass joked back, pulling away and backing towards the machine happily.

She couldn't help but giggle loudly however, when she heard his mumbled, "Yeah, that's what I'm worried about," before a warm hand wrapped around her wrist and she found herself pulled into the TARDIS, the Doctor's joyful grin in her face.

Chuckling, she shook her head, taking a seat on the jump-seat, mug cradled once more between her hands, as Rose asked excitedly, "So, where are we going?"

He grinned, turning to look at the blonde happily, before swinging his gaze back to Cass, "Further than we've ever been, right Cassie?"

The redhead rolled her eyes, nodding slightly, "Sure darlin', I guess so." Before yelping in surprise when the machine lurched dangerously, quickly hurrying towards him and asking, "Okay, tell me what to do, because you suck at driving her properly."

He rolled his eyes, "I do not suck." He mumbled petulantly, before pointing at a set of levers on her right, "Pull those, one at a time."

Cass grinned excitedly, downing her coffee in one go, before hurrying to the levers, doing as she'd been instructed. Looking back at the doctor, she found him smiling softly at her, and she turned her head to the blonde, smiling, "Ready Rose?"

"Ready!"

—————

When the beautiful machine landed, Cass was the first one out the door, a beaming grin on her face. 

Her entire life, this moment had been exactly what she'd been working towards; not travelling with the Doc, per-say, but travelling through time, rather.

And here she was, finally doing it.

The Time Lord himself followed after her, Rose finishing the line, before smiling gently at the awe on the redhead's face.

He liked seeing that expression on her, enjoyed the sparkle of wonder in her eyes, and the pure, joyful smile that stretched her full lips. Taking a stand beside her, wrapping a casual arm over her shoulders, he decided he'd need to see it again, and again.