𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐬 (𝟐)

They all strode down a corridor, flanked by armed soldiers

"All those times I've been on Earth," the Doctor began curiously, "I've never heard of you."

Yvonne shrugged, chuckling, but before she could answer, Cass did, sounding rather smug, "You wouldn't, seeing as you're considered the enemy. At least, according to the Torchwood Foundation Charter of 1879, where you're named as an enemy of the Crown."

Her eyes moved to the director, narrowing mockingly, as she continued, "I however, distinctly remember being honoured by Her Majesty. I was her favourite of the bunch...she even extended an invitation to live in the castle, or on your organisation's original grounds.."

"1879.." The Doctor hummed in remembrance, "that was called Torchwood, that house in Scotland."

Yvonne nodded, confidence faltering under all of knowledge Cassandra had. Knowledge she should not have had at all, "That's right. Where you encountered Queen Victoria and the werewolf."

Jackie snorted lightly, "I think he makes half of it up."

"Her Majesty created the Torchwood Institute with the express intention of keeping Britain great...." Yvonne began smugly, only to falter when Cass finished her sentence again, a mocking turn to her voice, "Oh, and of course, fighting the alien horde."

The Time Lord chuckled lightly, though his hold tightened around his tether's hand, "But if I'm the enemy, does that mean that I'm a prisoner?"

"Oh, yes," Yvonne grinned, "you both are."

They both rolled their eyes at the dramatics, watching as they rounded a corner and came to complete stop in front of a large, black door.

The woman stood before it, and said, "But we'll make you perfectly comfortable. And there is so much you can teach us. Starting with this."

Pressing her ID card against the lock, she pushed the doors open, gesturing for them to follow her inside the room, where a large bronze sphere was floating.

"Now, what do you make of that?"

Neither of them replied, both too busy staring at the sphere with matching expressions of horror. The Doctor was in disbelief, while Cass...she was flinching, memories assaulting her brain of the sphere, of what it was.

Of exactly who it was that created it.

"You must be the Doctor and Cassandra." An Indian man, clearly a scientist based on his white coat said, approaching them, "Rajesh Singh. It's an honour, sir, ma'am." He held out his hand, but neither of them noticed, both too busy gazing at the sphere.

Lowering it sheepishly, he stepped back as the Time Lord simply breathed, "yeah..."

"What is that thing?" Jackie murmured frightfully.