𝐱𝐱𝐯. 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐫 (𝟐)

"I'm busy

"I'm busy... Doctor, Cass." The little girl nodded solemnly, before walking away, back up the stairs to her room.

They both followed after her, the Time Lord yelling in disappointment, "Oh, come on, Chloe! Don't be a spoil sport! What's the big project? I'm dying to know! What're you making up there?"

Cass had followed after him, but the minute her eyes landed on the stairs, she'd tugged her hand away, sprinting up them just as Rose's panicked screech reached them, "Doctor! Cass!"

The Doctor lurched forwards after her, his footsteps reaching her ear as he sprinted up the stairs, Trish and Chloe following.

Cass ran into the girl's bedroom, eyes growing in size when she saw the closet doors open, heard the menacing voice growling, "I'm coming to hurt you..."

Immediately, she ran to the closet, slamming its doors shut, and resting in front of them, panting lightly.

"Look at it." Rose gasped.

She shook her head, "I'm good, thanks," before looking quickly towards the door, reassuring her tether the second he'd stepped in, "We're okay, hon. Crisis averted for now."

He nonetheless walked to her, hands rising to cup her cheeks softly, as though checking for himself that she was alright, before nodding, gaze straying away towards the wall of drawings, eyes furrowing slightly at it.

They both headed that way, the redhead smirking when she noticed his slipping his glasses up his nose, observing the pictures 'Chloe' had drawn intently.

"What the hell was that?" Trish exclaimed, having barley noticed the red glow from the closet, before Cass had slammed it shut.

"A drawing." Rose responded, "The face of a man."

"What face?" She tried to open the doors but Rose rammed herself up against them, stopping her, "Best not."

Instead, Trish turned to her daughter, "What've you been drawing?"

"I'm drew him yesterday." Chloe said, shrugging.

"Who?"

"Dad."

Her mother's face dropped even further, "Your dad? But he's long gone. Chloe, with all the lovely things in the world, why him?"

"I dream about him, staring at me."

"I thought we were putting him behind us. What's the matter with you?"

"We need to stay together."

"Yes, we do." Trish nodded slowly, only to flinch slightly when her daughter glared, "No. Not you. Us."

The couple glanced back at them, watching as the little girl continued, "We need to stay together. And then it'll be all right."

Trish headed over to her again, trying to cup her daughter's cheeks gently, to reassure her somehow, only for Chloe flinch back.