𝐱𝐱𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐭 (𝟏)

When the TARDIS materialized, it did so with audible difficulty; groaning and wheezing, as though it didn't want to land

Cass, from her perch on the jump seat, frowned. She had only needed to hear that particular sound to know exactly where they'd landed, and it wasn't exactly an adventure she was itching to have.

In fact, she'd been kinda hoping to avoid it altogether.

Following the Doctor and Rose outside, she sighed when the man murmured worriedly, "I dunno what's wrong with her, she's sort of... queasy. Indigestion, like..."

"She didn't want to land." She finished grimly, frown deepening on her face when she felt the deep thrum of unwillingness from the clever girl.

They'd realized, over the course of their adventures, that she could understand the TARDIS very well. Could feel its emotions and decipher them as words, as thoughts...as feelings.

The Doctor had theorized that the vortex swimming in her veins was the cause, but it was still a lower quantity that he had, and he couldn't seem to understand the machine as she did. So they'd simply shaken their heads, and filed it under 'Cassie Mysteries', along with the hundred other unexplainable things about her.

Rose looked around curiously, before saying, "Oh, if you think there's gonna be trouble, we could always get back inside and go somewhere else..."

Both she and her pilot burst into disbelieving laughter, shoulders shaking with mirth. As though they would ever leave because of danger! What an inane thought.

But the laughter stopped when they noticed something missing, when they couldn't hear twinkling bells and the Doctor couldn't feel his tether's glee in his chest. Instead, all he felt from her was hesitation and discomfort.

When they turned to her, they found her frowning, hands wringing together in slight nervousness as she whispered, "This place...it feels...wrong." She knew why, knew exactly what was wrong, but it just...it was more than foreknowledge, more than precognition. It was like something, in the pit of her chest had hollowed out the minute the doors had opened, and instead of being reassured that she knew the events as they would occur, all Cass could feel was...darkness.

A warm hand wrapped around her own, fingers threading together, as her tether's voice reassured, "We'll check it out, and if you still feel that way, we'll leave immediately."

She nodded, though she knew,she just knew, that wouldn't be the case. There were many unpredictable things about her tether, but his thirst for adventure, for fixing things wasn't one of them.

The more perilous the situation seemed, the more eager he would be to dive headfirst into it, consequences be damned.

And Rose was exactly the same. Reckless to the point of self-endangerment sometimes.