𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 (𝟐)

From across the room, Cass could see Mickey pick a gun up, and pulling her own out, she quickly checked the chamber, before tensing, about to run to her companion, to help him

But an arm wrapped around her waist, and she found herself pulled back into her tether's chest, as he forced his voice into her mind, nearly yelling, You're not going anywhere! I just got you back!

Doc, he needs me! You've got Pete to keep you safe, he doesn't have anyone. And he's my companion, it's my job, my responsibility to keep him safe! She yelled back, looking up at him with a glare.

You're my tether, he simply said, I will always keep YOU safe, above all else.

A second passed, and then he added in a small whisper, Drop the walls, please love. I can't...I can't bear not feeling you.

I didn't think you'd want to, she revealed softly, dropping the barrier she'd built, allowing her emotions to float into him once more, her hesitancy and her belief that he now found her as revolting as he had the rest of the Gallifreyan soldiers.

He didn't say anything, except pull her deeper into him, his love flowing over her skin like a soothing balm, reassuring her that he didn't regret anything.

Not yet, at least.

Turning around, she cupped her hands over her mouth, yelling instead, "Micks, come on!"

"Adapt to weaponry!" Thay ordered.

"Fire power restored!" Sec announced.

The Dalek fired once at a Cyberman, immediately destroying it. Jake managed to reach the door, but Mickey lost his footing and stumbled, managing to right himself just in time and hurry to the door as well, joining them.

"Cybermen primary target." Sec commanded, as the rest of Jake's men managed to slip through the door before it closed, sealing both the Daleks and the Cybermen inside.

They quickly ran down the hall, the Doc yelling, "Jake, check the stairwell. The rest of you, come on!"

He kept his hold around Cass' hand, both because he needed to feel her, but also because he wasn't sure she would slink away, and return to the Daleks, ready to finish them off once and for all.

Mickey ran beside them, shouting desperately, "I just fell, I didn't mean it!"

Cass, understanding what he meant, grabbed his hands with he empty one, "Micks, if you hadn't done that, they would have brute forced their way into it, which would have blown up the sun, and all of us along with it."

"Exactly," the Doctor finished, quickly raising their joined hands to his lips, pressing a quick kiss to Cass', "You've done us a favour! Now, run!"

Around the bend of the corridor, they could hear a Cyberman yell, "You will be upgraded."

Another, very familiar voice whimpered, "No, but you can't! Please..."