𝐯. 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐰 (𝟏)

Cass was sitting on the jump-seat, scribbling in her notebook

She'd started it as a diary of sorts, keeping track of what she'd done and where she'd been since arriving in this universe, but now, it had become a sort of textbook as well.

It was filled to the brim with various equations and blueprints, things she wanted to create, and thoughts that came to her in the middle of the night, about how to maybe better the TARDIS' engine.

She didn't know how she knew any of it, didn't really understand how she thought she'd comprehend the beautiful machine's insides, since it wants anything she'd ever studied before, and yet she did.

"What do you think of this? Will it do?" Rose questioned, forcing the redhead's eyes to rise from her page and frown slightly.

The blonde had slipped on a somewhat familiar pair of relatively short denim dungarees, and the redhead sighed quietly, knowing exactly what adventure awaited them now.

She hadn't been sure of the timeline, since in between the scripted travels she'd previously known, there had been plenty of spontaneous adventures. 

Hell, she'd already been on the TARDIS for two months.

For one, the Doc had kept his word, taking her to watch a supernovae implode, holding her gently as she gasped in awe at the sight of it.

But there'd been plenty more; from the roaring twenties, to the planet of the coffee shops, to ancient Greece.

She looked over her shoulder at him when he answered, smiling slightly, butterflies erupting in her chest when his brown eyes swung to her.

"And what exactly are you wearing?  That's not fit for the nineteen-seventies either."

Cass glanced down at the long, beige dress she was wearing, rather conservative for her tastes, and grimaced, "Blame the TARDIS. I woke up today and that was literally all I had in my closet, clever girl vanished every article of clothing I had, and locked the door of the big wardrobe so I wouldn't get something different."

Standing up, she twirled around gracefully, before pouting, "it's not that bad, right? I mean, its definitely not my taste, but I rather thought I looked kind of regal."

And she did. The dress was long, flowing down to her ankles, and had layers of nude-toned laces placed intermittently through it. It cinched at her waist, giving her shape more definition, before tightening around her bust and framing her neck rather nicely.

To the Doctor's eye, it almost looked like a modern iteration of clothing from the eighteen-hundreds, but it suited her.

Then again, he rather thought anything would suit her.

Rose glanced back at the redhead, nodding happily, "You look gorgeous! That is your colour, definitely!"

Cass grinned at her, happiness filling her chest.