✵ twelve ✵

Later that evening, Oliver came over to pick me up for our date. When the doorbell rang, Louis offered to get it, but I practically ran to the door, not wanting the first person Oliver saw to be someone who would probably just speak about me in a joking manner. For all I knew, Louis would scare Oliver off, and I would end up not even going on a date with the guy. Tugging the door open, I smiled at the man that was standing on the other side, his eyes a lighter shade as he looked at me. To my surprise, he had a bouquet of roses, Oliver smiling when he handed them to me.

"You didn't have to!"

"I know," he nodded. "You deserve them though."

My face flushed with his words, and I invited him into the apartment so that I could put the roses in a vase. He shut the door behind us, my roommates all waving to the man that I had invited inside. We headed to the kitchen, Oliver watching as I set the flowers down, and then looked in a cabinet for a vase. Once I found it, I stood up, turning on the sink, and beginning to fill the glass with water.

"You live with all the guys you went with to the strip club?" he asked, watching as I shut off the sink.

"I do, yes," I told him hesitantly. "Is that a problem?"

"Not at all, I'm just surprised."

Nodding, I opened the packet of plant food, mixing it into the water, and then set the flowers inside of the vase. Thanking Oliver again for them, I then said goodbye to my friends, telling them to lock the door after I left. We headed downstairs, Oliver and I standing in the elevator together quietly. I felt a little awkward, but it drained once we were walking to his car, Oliver speaking up.

"So, we're going to this little bistro that I like down the road. I hope that's okay."

"Of course. Um, I am going to be totally honest, though. This is my first date in over a year."

"No way," he said. "You're such a liar. There is absolutely no way that someone as pretty as you hasn't gone on a date in so long."

"I'm not lying!" I laughed, Oliver taking out his keys as we walked into the parking garage. "Really, I haven't been on a date in such a long time."

"That's wild, Fin. It's cool, though. I haven't been on one in a few months."

Smiling, I just nodded, thanking him when he opened the door for me. We were both quiet as we buckled, Oliver putting on some music before he backed out of the parking spot. The choice of music was surprising, and for some reason I felt like he would be more interested in rap, but he had chosen something more pop-like. Or, at least upbeat in the sense that every other word was not a curse word.

"How old are you?" I asked. "If you don't mind."

"I'm twenty-five. You're twenty-two, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Um, what's your favorite movie?"

"Well, that depends. I have a favorite kid's movie, and I have a favorite movie that isn't Disney."

"Okay, both."

"I love Beauty and the Beast, and I really like the Goonies."

His choices were both great. Beauty and the Beast happened to be one of my favorite Disney movies also. However, the Goonies was definitely a great movie choice also. Thinking about the two movies that I liked, the Disney movie that was my favorite came to mind almost instantly, but I took a while to think about what my other favorite movie would be. Although, once it had hit about the minute mark, I found myself answering him.