✵ twenty-four ✵

After I had woken up from my nap, and gotten ready to play soccer, Harry and I headed out.  He appeared eager to play, and I was looking forward to spending time with my friends when we arrived at the field.  Honestly though, I had no idea what to expect from this game, but I was excited to play.  Of course, it was probably because of the perks that could show themselves if my team won, but still. 

"I'm kicking your arse, there's no chance you will win." 

"Very funny, Harry, but I'll be the winner." 

"In your dreams, neonata," he grinned, a giggle leaving my lips when he grabbed my good hand, tugging me closer to him in the backseat of the vehicle.  "Oh, your poor hand.  Maybe you'll need to forfeit." 

"Shut up," I complained.  "It's all your fault." 

"I didn't ask you to do my dishes.  If I recall correctly, you were nearly begging to do them." 

Rolling my eyes at him, I tried to pull away, but he wasn't having it at all.  At first, I didn't quite comprehend why he was being so friendly, but then I remembered that we had literally taken a nap together, and I had sobbed in his arms for what was probably fifteen minutes, or even half an hour. 

"You're so annoying." 

"Non, tu," he grinned. 

"Stop talking! No one cares that you speak Italian. Not one person!" 

"Se fossi mia, non mi parleresti mai più in quel modo.  Parlare in questo modo ti mette in ginocchio, neonata." (If you were mine, you would never talk to me like that again.  Speaking like that puts you on your knees, baby girl.) 

Without thinking, I covered his mouth with my hand, Harry not seeming to care.  Instead, he gently kissed my palm, amused when I pulled back my hand quickly from him.  Scrunching my nose up at him, I moved to the seat furthest from him, ignoring Harry the rest of the ride.  Trey was driving, and I was thankful once we arrived, getting out as quickly as I could.  Harry grabbed a soccer ball from the trunk, leaving me to thank Trey as I picked up my backpack.  He nodded, saying it was his pleasure as I caught up with Harry, the two of us heading to the soccer field. 

"Hey, I was wondering why you didn't come home!" Louis called when we were spotted.  "I was hoping we could have dinner together." 

"She wasn't hungry," Harry spoke for me, his eyes meeting mine briefly before turning back to Louis.  "She might be after, though, so I can buy everyone food after this." 

"Imagine being that rich," Liam laughed.  "I can barely buy my friends dinner sometimes." 

Harry shrugged, watching as I set my bag down next to everyone else's.  His friends were here, and I recalled Ryder from the last time, but the rest I wasn't so sure on who they were.  We decided to have the same team as last time, even keeping Ryder.  He didn't seem to mind, and when he found out what I could win for the prize, he definitely was ready to go. 

"Wait, wait wait," Harry started.  "I'm thinking Finley and I should switch, just so there isn't a bias." 

"What? No!" I complained.  "That isn't fair." 

"Yeah, Harry, I'm less likely to score for you anyway," Louis shrugged.  "You know, seeing as I would want my gal Finley to win." 

Harry rolled his eyes, and while I knew it wasn't a good call, I could tell he thought his theory would work.  He said to act like he had never even brought it up, so I just managed to get myself ready, standing at the defense spot with Ryder.  It was as Louis quickly took the ball down the field that I began to ask the guy near me what he did, Ryder explaining he was a personal trainer and that was why him and Harry were friends.