✵ thirty-three ✵

a/n: the following chapter contains content that may be uncomfortable to some readers, viewer discretion is advised.

✵✵✵

     We both woke up at five, the alarm I had set completely annoying, but Harry didn't seem to mind it that much. He was in a sleepy state of happiness, his little dimples popping when he looked at me. I brushed my fingers through his hair, surprised we had managed to stay in the same position for a whole three hours. He then placed a quick kiss to my stomach before getting up, walking to the bathroom, and shutting the door. I turned on the television, simply watching the house channel that was on again. About five minutes passed before Harry came out of the bathroom, the man walking into his closet, and coming out with a simple short-sleeved button down on. I sat up some, green eyes meeting mine quickly.

"You're going to stay in here," he told me.

"But what if—?"

"I don't want you leaving this room, do you understand me? Essentially, you're not even here."

I didn't like that idea. It was horrifying, and the thought of her hurting him while I wasn't out there something I didn't want to become a reality. Taking a deep breath, I wanted so badly to fight back about his decision, but I knew that wasn't an option. Harry had clearly made up his mind, and there was no changing it. Taking a deep breath, I cuddled into his side, the two of us sitting on the bed until the doorbell rang. I glanced over at him, Harry apologizing, but saying that I would have to watch the television without any volume on. We also made sure my phone was on silent then, green eyes focusing on me easily. He pressed a quick kiss to my lips before standing up, reminding me to stay in his room. I agreed, watching as he walked out of the room, and shut the door behind him.

My entire body felt tense, and I knew it was due to my nerves. The sheer thought of someone hurting him was something I dreaded the thought of, but I was scared it might become more than just a thought now. Not to mention that she had obviously done this before, so what was going to stop her now? There wasn't much I could hear. Their voices sounded like mumbling to me, and at one point I heard what sounded like a tea kettle that was finished boiling. It was later in the day as of right now, so I had no idea why the woman would have even wanted to come over. Discarding the thought, I scrolled through my Instagram and Twitter, looking at different news articles, or then things my friends had posted. What was probably closer to forty-five minutes had passed before the mushed words seemed to make more sense.

"... going to go with me."

"I most certainly am not!"

"You don't have a choice, Harry. You're going with me, and that's final. We made more money when we were together, I—"

"I make more money than you, you just want the stipend we got when we were together, Kristen. Well let me tell you again, it isn't fucking happening!"

Kristen? As in the girl we had run into at the dinner several weeks ago? The woman he had been engaged to? She was the one who had hit him? It was horrible to think someone Harry had invested so much time into had become someone he didn't think she was, and I was suddenly extremely upset at the thought, not liking the idea of him wishing the woman he wanted to marry wouldn't hurt him. It broke my heart, actually, and I wanted to just wrap him up in my arms and never let him go. He had put up a front of being rude and off putting because of her, I was sure. There was no other reason the kind and caring man I was getting to know had acted the way he did when we first met one another.

"I'll give you two options. You can come with me, and we can act like we're together again, or you can fuck me. That's what you get to choose from."