✵ sixteen ✵

a/n: i added new stuff to this chapter i hope you really like it <3

✵ ✵ ✵

Later that evening, I got ready to go to the movies with Oliver.  I was looking forward to spending time with him, and truthfully loved talking to him in every aspect.  He was very kind, and sounded overly excited about picking me up when I had spoken to him briefly on the phone. By the time the door was being knocked on, it was close to eight, our movie starting at nine.  All the boys had gone out, and I smiled when I opened the door, Oliver sending me a small smile also. 

"There she is.  Hi, I feel like it's been so long since we've seen each other," he told me, his arms wrapping around me easily.  "Was your week okay?" 

"It was, yeah," I told him softly.  "Did you want to come in and see my room?" 

He nodded, shutting the door behind him, and following me to my room.  I was thankful the boys were not home, knowing they could be quite a handful sometimes.  Oliver held my hand as I led him to the bedroom, my cheeks flushed as I pushed my bedroom door open.  Luckily, I had cleaned it up earlier, but my bed wasn't made, and the dresser had my top drawer open. 

"Sorry, it's not completely cleaned up." 

"No worries.  It's very cute, Finley.  Just like you." 

"You're too sappy," I smiled, pushing the drawer in before grabbing my bag.  "Uh, okay, we can go." 

Before I could walk past him, he grabbed my waist, his darker eyes meeting mine.  I went to ask him a question, but he quickly leaned in, my breath catching when I turned my head.  His lips met with the corner of my mouth, my heart racing in my chest.  Instantly, I felt bad for what I had done, but I also didn't want him to kiss me just yet.  This was only our second date, and it had been a while since I even did anything similar to that. 

"Shit, I didn't—" 

"It's fine," I assured him, placing a quick kiss to his cheek.  "I just haven't kissed anyone in a while, and I'm still a bit nervous.  We need to get going, though." 

"Right, of course," Oliver agreed.  "Finley, I'm really sorry about that." 

"Honestly, don't sweat it," I told him, holding his hand as we left, and only letting go to lock the door behind us.  "If I makes you feel any better, I don't usually even attempt to kiss anyone until the third date." 

"But what if this date goes really well?" he teased, seeming less anxious now.  "Can I kiss you then?" 

"Maybe," I grinned, pressing the down button as I looked at him.  "Tell me about work." 

"Why don't you tell me about last night?" 

My brow pulled in at the slight change in his tone.  I stepped onto the elevator with him, my face flushed at the memory of what I had been doing last night.  Nothing bad had happened, but I had already gotten a call from Mrs. Woods today about the pictures on Harry's Instagram stories.  She had been pleased, but by the way Oliver was speaking, he didn't appear to be quite as pleased. 

"What about yesterday?" 

"I follow Harry, you know? Not to mention the article I read with you two in it." 

"There's an article?" 

He nodded.  "It was posted maybe two hours ago or so.  You two were very friendly on the red carpet." 

I raised my eyebrows at him, not sure what I was supposed to say.  Not only did it sound like he was accusing me of something, but I didn't like the fact that he was clearly upset over this little thing.  It wasn't like Harry and I had made out on the red carpet, and while he appeared vulnerable both yesterday and this morning, it wasn't like there was anything going on between us.  Even with staying at his house, I really only saw him as a business partner.