City of Freedom

"May the Anemo God protect you, stranger! I am Amber, Outrider for Knights of Favonius. You don't look like citizens of Mondstadt. Explain yourselves!" Amber announced as she did some sort of salute.

"Amber!," Lucielle happily exclaimed, "don't worry, they're with me."

"Lucielle!" The brunette quickly gave her a hug, "good to see you!" Lucielle returned her hug. She then introduced the two traveling companions beside her. She explained that they aren't here to cause trouble but to look for Lumine's brother.

Appearantly, before Amber suddenly appeared, the three were talking about the events that happened to Lumine. Lucielle wanted to help her so she agreed to Paimon's request in traveling together to the seven nations to search for her brother.

Amber nodded in understanding, "Well look, there's a large dragon sighted around Mondstadt recently. Best you get inside the city as soon as possible. Although Lucielle lives in Mondstadt, I'll still escort you there."

"Oh, aren't you out here for some other reasons?" Paimon asked Amber. "I am. But not to worry, I can keep you both safe while doing that too." She replied to Paimon's question.

------------------------------------------------------------

"...travelers under the protection of the Knights of Favonius - Welcome to Mondstadt!" Amber cheerfully welcomed Lumine and Paimon.

"Finally! No more camping outdoors! But... the city folk don't look to cheery."

"Everyone's been put out of place by Stormterror recently," Amber informed the trio, "but everything will turn out fine as long as Jean's with us!"

"Stormterror? Is that the dragon's name?" Lucielle asked Amber to which she nodded in confirming the golden haired girl's question.

"Who's Jean?" Paimon asked

"Acting Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius - Jean, Defender of Mondstadt," Amber replied, "With Jean on our side, surely even the vicious Stormterror will be no match for us."

Lucielle successfully hid her frown. It's true that Stormterror has caused trouble to the citizens of Mondstadt but she doubt that he was vicious. When she was watching the strange boy and Stormterror earlier she felt the sorrow and pain that Stormterror was emitting. The teardrop was later on the confirmation that she needed - the dragon is suffering.

She then began to listen to the group's conversation again. "...come with me, we'll head to the city's ahh... high ground."

------------------------------------------------------------
The group settled infront of the Anemo Archon's statue. There were a few people outside - some praying to the Archon.

"So, the present I want to give you is... a wind glider!" Amber handed Lumine the wind glider as she explained its use and the reason on her giving this to the traveler.

"Lucielle, do you have a wind glider?" Paimon asked her while Amber was busy teaching Lumine on how to use this. Lucielle smiled at Paimon, if she were to be honest Paimon looks really cute. She looks like the description of a floating pixie in one of the books she had read. "Of course I have one, most citizens of Mondstadt does. Afterall, the wind is the heart and soul of Mondstadt."

Paimon nodded in understanding, "Can we have lunch after Lumine learns how to use a wind glider? Paimon is really hungry!"

Lucielle chuckled, "Sure, we can eat at Good Hunters before searching for Lumine's brother!"

Just then, the winds around Mondstadt blew stronger and the sky was getting darker. The group saw Stormterror fly above the city causing the people to scream in fright. He stopped above and gave a powerful roar. This caused huge tornadoes to descend from the sky. The people quickly ran, trying to take shelter to protect themselves from the powerful tornodoes.

As the group ran, Lumine was quickly sucked in by one of the tornadoes. Amber tried to grab her hand but it was too late. Lucielle immediately went after Lumine, afterall she wasn't sure if Lumine had grasp the use of the wind glider, if she didn't then she could be severely injured!

But to her surprise, Lumine was using her wind glider and was looking at the damage the tornadoes was causing to the city.

"Lumine! Are you alright?" Lucielle asked her, her voice full of worry and concern. Lumine nodded, "Why is Stormterror suddenly attacking?"

"Look out!" Lucielle quickly pulled Lumine away from the dragon as he passed through her in full speed.

"Thank you." Lumine muttered, trying to regain her balance with the wind glider. "Let's follow Stormterror!"

Lucielle nodded in understanding, they were using wind gliders so they couldn't stay afloat. She used her own anemo powers to make the wind keeps them in the air thus the two seemed like flying.

Paimon suddenly appeared, asking the two on how they are floating while just using a wind glider.

Suddenly, a voice began to speak to them. The voice sounded like a male and a familiar one too. The voice stated that someone is preventing their fall with the power of a thousand winds. "That would be me." Lucielle thought but she would tell the two later since they have more concerning issues to deal with.

"Now, concentrate. See yourself grasping the wind. Harness its energy." The mysterious voice told them.

"Who... who said that?!" Paimon asked in confusion.

"Lumine! Aim for that purple spike on the dragon's back!" Lucielle called out. She sensed poison within the dragon and the spike seemed to give an ominous glow.

Lumine didn't question but rather trusted Lucielle's judgement. She then released the concentrated energy and aimed for the target the golden haired girl mentioned. Lucielle also began to use her powers. A golden beam of starlight came out of her hands and was combinined against Lumine's anemo power. Together, the two tried to destroy the spike but stopped when they heard the dragon roar in pain. The dragon then flew faster until he wasn't in plain sight.

------------------------------------------------------------

"A-are you two hurt?!" Amber worriedly asked onced the two descended from the sky.

Lumine shook her head sidewards indicating that she was fine. Lucielle on the other hand was lost within her thoughts. Why did the dragon attacked the city? And was he okay? As far as she's read in the city's library, the dragon was a part of the Four Winds, a group established by the Anemo Archon to protect the citizens of Mondstadt. If this was their mission then why attack the city? And who was that that helped them earlier?

"...cielle, Lucielle!," The girl was quickly snapped out of her thoughts when Amber touched both her arms and gently shook the girl, "are you alright?" Amber asked, her eyes showing concern. Lucielle smiled at her friend, "Of course I am Amber!"

Amber nodded, she sighed in relief. She was glad her friends weren't hurt. Especially since it was her job as the Knights of Favonious. It was her job to protect the people in city, if she can't do that then she's can't be called a knight at all!

The outrider was going to ask them if they wanted to eat and rest since the two looked a bit tired. Just as she was going to ask them, the group heard someone clapping.

They looked at the direction of the clap and saw a man with an eye patch. The man approached the group looking interested in the sudden event that Lucielle and Lumine did.

"You two have actually got the power to go up against the dragon," he then looked at the traveler and asked, "are you a new ally... or a new storm?"

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Author's note: please give a like to this story! Remember, if you don't like it then please discontinue from reading.

Keep yourself hydrated and safe!