The Mighty Adepti

Author's note: hey guys! I know I've said that I'll be updating two or three chapters a week but Uni completely takes so much of my time ;-;

It's going to be my prelim exams this week so please wish me luck!!

I hope this chapter is to your liking. Feel free to comment and like this story.

Keep safe guys!
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"You're Fatui! One of the Harbingers!" Paimon gasped out loud while Lumine instantly got in her battle stance.

Childe kept his smile, looking quite amused with their reactions, "Oh, no. Don't worry, I'm not looking for a fight."

"Signora gave you quiete the bad impression, huh?"

"You have no idea." Lucielle muttured.

Childe heard her comment but nodded in agreement. "Tsk, that woman.. can't say I'm a fan either."

Lumine couldn't help but think, if he didn't like Signora would that mean that the Harbingers doesn't get along? Well, whatever it is she still can't trust him even if he 'helped' them earlier.

Speaking of help, Childe mentions that he is here to help them. "We don't need help from the Fatui." Lumine slightly glared at him, her hand summoning her sword.

"Come now, don't be like that." He gave an apologetic smile. "I'm not a bad guy.. Okay, perhaps I'm kind of a bad guy, but I'm not here to give you any trouble."

"Would it be too much to ask for you to keep the sword sheathed?"

"Yes, it's too much." Lumine seriously looked at him.

Lucielle, being curious to what Childe's "help" is, asked her friend to calm down and hear him out. They were still within the harbor, so making a scene would likely attract the Millelith.

Childe chuckled and thanked the golden haired girl. He explained that he had heard of their deeds in Mondstadt, how they rescued one of the Four Winds. "And because I had my eye on you the whole time, I know it wasn't you. Someone else was clearly behind it."

"Well, how do we know it wasn't you who caused it?" Lucielle asked.

"Regretrably, given I'm a Fatui envoy from Snezhnaya.. there's no way I'd be trusted. Why don't we talk more in the Northland Bank? This isn't exactly the place where we should have this conversation."
------------------------------------------------------------
"Here, let me give you this."

"This is a..." Paimon tilted her head, obviously not knowing what it was.

"It's a sigil." Lucielle spokeup. She remembered reading it in one of the books that her blue-haired friend from Liyue lent her. Just like her, he was quiete a reader.

"It's supposed to keep you protected from the adepti harming you." She further explained.

"Adepti?" Paimon asked again.

"Paimon, you said you were supposed to be my guide. How come you don't know this?" Lumine teased her floating friend.

The floating fairy angrily stomped her foot in the air. "Of course Paimon can't know everything in Teyvat! You're a bully!"

"Lucielle seems to know?"

"W-well..!"

Childe gave a cough, interrupting the two's conversation while Lucielle smiled at her friends. They make quite a pair.

"Anyway, if you head north from the harbor, then west from Guili Plains, you will eventually reach a stone forest known as Jueyun Karst." Childe explained.