Learn to Accept

"So tone-deaf bard. Care to explain to Paimon why you're here in Liyue?" Paimon asks as she placed her hands on her hips.

Lumine placed down the ingredients that she bought and began taking it out from the paper bag. "Paimon, it's quite obvious why he is here. Also, didn't you tell me that you wouldn't call him that anymore?"

"P-paimon's sorry!"

Venti let out a chuckle. Never a dull day with those two. "The traveler is correct. I'm here because of Lucielle. Before that, aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?"

Xingqiu placed his left hand over his chest and gave a slight bow. "I am Xingqiu, a pleasure to meet your acquaintance."

He stood up straight and noticed Zhongli sitting on the couch while sipping tea. "It appears that Mr. Zhongli is also here. Do you perhaps know each other?" Xingqiu asked Venti.

"Let's say we met a few times but he couldn't really remember my name." Venti proceeded to whisper on Xingqiu's ear, "just between the both of us --"

"You better not finish that sentence, bard."

"Ehe." Venti nervously giggled. Venti informed him that Lucielle was still resting and it was best not to disturb the girl. He and Xingqiu proceeded to sit in the living room together with the others. "Since you're here, I assume that you know about Lucielle's condition?"

Xingqiu was not surprised by the bard's question. But he must admit, Venti was really quick on his feet. He was from Mondstadt afterall, it at least takes a day or two to travel from both nations. Did he have some teleportation ability or something? What's more, how was he able to quickly find out about Lucielle's state? Surely, the traveler and Paimon couldn't had made it to Mondstadt that fast.

Nevertheless, he decided to ask them another time. He nodded to Venti's question. "I've met Lucielle eversince she first arrived in Liyue. She told me about her memory problems."

Zhongli hummed in response. "It seems that she has great trust in you if she told you about it. You also seem to trust her just as much."

"Yes," Xingqiu let out a soft smile but it immediately turned to a worried expression, "but the way the traveler and Paimon described it, what occured today was different from her usual."

"Zhongli, Venti. Do you two have any idea what those markings were?" Lumine asked them, hoping for an answer.

"We have a rough idea. However, we will only tell you three once we confirm it." Zhongli answer's the travelers question. It's not like he wanted to hide anything from them, he wanted to make sure about the whole Chaos information. Chaos was not a simple matter to discuss. Back then, just the mention of its name can stir fear especially to those who has seen its powers.

"Can't you at least tell us that idea?" Paimon tilted her head. Sure, it was better to give information once it has been verified but Paimon really wanted to help her friend and make her feel better.

Lumine and Xingqiu nodded in agreement. "Everyone here knows about Lucielle's condition and how she isn't from this world." Xingqiu voiced out his thoughts.

"And even with that, we're prepared to accept Lucielle for who she is." Lumine finished his statement.

Venti gave a gentle smile. Such wonderful friends. He glanced at Zhongli to signal him that he was going to tell them to which the latter merely nodded.

"It's the mark of Chaos." Venti told them, his smile immediately changed to a serious expression.

"Chaos? Paimon's never heard of that before."