Abyss Order

Venti held the Holy Lyre and closed his eyes. He thought of Dvalin, his dear friend. He placed his fingers on the Lyre's string and started to pluck.

Lucielle, Lumine, Jean, Diluc, and Paimon were a few meters behind the bard. They watched him as he focused in playing. The sound coming from the Lyre was loud and clear. It echoed through the winds that it made Lucielle think that the people in the city may faintly hear the wonderful sound.

Suddenly, a powerful wind came from beneath the cliff. There he was, one of the Four Winds soaring in the sky. The Dvalin Protection Squad, excluding Venti, brought their arms forward to protect themselves from the wind.

"You have come.." the dragon told the bard, "but what has been done cannot be undone."

Venti was determined to save his friend, "If so, then why do I see sadness in your eyes? Sadness that speaks for your yearning of this song.."

Dvalin felt annoyed at the bard's words and growled lowly. No one was there for him when he needed someone, so why come now? Why after all these years?

"They are communicating." Jean told her companions. If it weren't for their current situation, Jean wanted to talk and get to know the dragon. She looked back at the bard but was surprised to see a beam of light heading towards him. She instantly ran to Venti to protect him but saw someone run ahead of her.

Lucielle immediately went infront of Venti. She sensed an incoming attack before she even saw that beam. The golden haired girl didn't have time to summon a shield so she instead pushed Venti out of the way.

Unfortunately, when Lucielle had pushed him the Holy Lyre went out of his grasp causing the beam to hit both the Lyre and Lucielle. "Lucielle!" Lumine, Paimon, and Venti shouted as she was blown a few feet away from them. Jean and Diluc was instantly infront of Venti while Lumine and Paimon went to check their friend's condition.

"Do not be fooled by him, dear dragon.." someone said behind Stormterror. The figure then quickly appeared infront of the dragon and faced the group. "He left you to rot alone."

'An Abyss mage?!' Both Diluc and Jean thought. They were expecting the Fatui to target the Dragon instead of the Abyss Order, given the recent negotiations Jean had. Although the two were thinking that the Abyss would have something to do with the Stormterror issue they didn't expect them to manipulate the dragon. But what would the Abyss want from the dragon? Were they planning to attack Mondstadt?

"Now he attempts to deceive you once more." The Cryo Abyss mage continued to talk to the dragon.

Venti felt a swirl of emotions inside of him. Of course he wasn't deceiving his friend! He shouted for Dvalin to listen to him but his words were deaf to the dragon's ears. "Barbatos.." Dvalin said. His voice was full of anger, pain, betrayal, and hatred.

The Cryo Abyss mage continued to brainwash the dragon, its voice sounding triumph that things were going as planned. "Let your wrath fester. Mondstadt has already turned its back on you!"

Dvalin flew higher in the air. Any attempt of Venti to plea to the dragon was useless. "You!" Dvalin shouted angrily at Venti. "You were planning this all along?! To have me slain by them?!"

The dragon roared loudly infront of the group causing a powerful gust of wind. Paimon held on to Lumine's shoulder in case she was going to be blown away. Lumine was covering the unconscious Lucielle from the impact of the dragon's roar while Diluc and Jean remained infront of Venti but had their arms cover them in a defensive stance.

"It's not like that!" Venti shouted to the dragon. His voice sounding upset that Dvalin would believe a mere stranger rather than him. Sure, he wasn't there when Dvalin needed him but that didn't mean he deceived him! The dragon should know this but with the poison corrupting him, Venti knew that Dvalin is prone to falling deeper in the darkness.