Crystal and Fatui

"Isn't that Jean?" Paimon asked Lumine and Lucielle as the trio strolled around Mondstadt to let the two new travelers familiarize themselves in the city.

"Seems like she's talking to someone," Lucielle added, "let's let her finish then go say hi?"

Lumine and Paimon nodded in agreement. However, Lucielle couldn't help but overhear Jean's conversation with a masked woman.

"...if you're unable to promptly deal with the Stormterror threat, then leave the defense of Mondstadt to the Fatui." The Fatui Diplomat told Jean.

"We can put an end to Mondstadt's dragon issues, all we need to do is bring that monster to the --"

"Monster?" Jean asked, clearly offended with the term that the Fatui Diplomat used. Lucielle also felt offended, this was one of Mondstadt's Four Winds! Sure, he may be causing a ruckus around the nation but there must be a good reason for that, right? Moreover, what were the Fatui planning to do? The golden haired girl knew that eavesdropping was rude but she wanted to hear Jean's response.

"Yes. What's your point?" The Fatui Diplomat asked, annoyed with Jean's sudden interruption.

Jean was also annoyed with the Fatui's attitude. Her eyebrows furrowed as she crossed her arms infront of her chest. "I'd expect a more professional attitude from your diplomats."

"You go Jean!" Lucielle internally cheered for the Acting Grand Master.

"Yet here you are saying you want to 'put an end' to one of The Four Winds of Mondstadt? I won't have any of this nonsense in front of the Knights of Favonius."

The Diplomat laughed at Jean's declaration, "Heh...Hehehe...It's not as crazy as you make it sound," the Diplomat instantly turned serious and crossed her arms as well, "Fine. That's enough negotiation for today. At this stage it's simply... an amicable exchange of constructive opinions, no? I'll be sure to make... thorough notes."
------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, you three are back." Jean walked towards the trio after talking to the Fatui Diplomat. "Thanks for your help. The elemental flow is finally stable. The aftermath of Stormterror's last attack is finally settled for the moment."

"However, the pressure from the delegation has become too big to be ignored..." Jean added with a stressed expression.

"Delegation?," Paimon asked Jean, "from Liyue Harbor or Inazuma City?"

"Snezhnaya," Lucielle answered instead, "they choose to follow the God of Cryo."

Jean teased Lucielle, although a bit surprise that the girl would eavesdrop. Yet again, the place where the negotiation took place wasn't really in private, "Looks like someone was eavesdropping to the conversation I had earlier."

"Ah! That wasn't - well, well yes I was eavesdropping. I'm sorry!" Lucielle bowed infront of Jean looking quite guilty with her lack of manners.

Jean chuckled at the girls embarrassment and assured her that it was fine, further explaining that she was bound to tell them later in the day. "Their envoys go by a particular name: The Fatui. Heard of them?" She got back to the main topic.

"Oh, them. They are super famous." Paimon said, surprised that they were the delegation that Jean mentioned. "Wait, infamous is more the word..." Paimon added.

"I don't think killing Stormterror is the right course of action," Jean told the trio, "the Cryo God's Fatui have always coveted the Anemo God's power."

"They obviously don't have Mondstadt's best interests at heart." Lucielle muttered. They were talking about killing the dragon! How is that going to help?