Dusky Ming

"Oh? You've already met Xiao?" Verr Goldet, the boss of Wangshu Inn, asked Lumine.

She looked quite impressed that Lumine and her friends had brought out the adeptus to chat with them. Although in their side, he just popped out of nowhere and began talking to them.

"Well.. if you wanna know my opinion.. if you keep Xiao in a good mood, things should be okay."

"That's his good mood?" Lumine asked the boss. She couldn't seem to imagine the Vigilant Yaksha in a good mood at all.

"How 'bout this -- you go see the chef for a bowl of Almond Tofu, and a plate of whatever it is you are best at making."

"Almond Tofu is one of the few human foods Xiao likes. The other dish is up to you." Verr Goldet further explained.

Lumine nodded in understanding and thanked Verr Goldet for her help. At least now she has a way to call out the adeptus. For the other dish, she wasn't sure what to make. She needed Lucielle and Paimon's opinion. Hopefully, the two are done playing their little tug of war.

'Speaking of them.' Lumine thought as she saw the two walk in. One looking triumph and the other sulking.

"Let me guess," Lumine placed her hands on her hips, "Paimon got blown away?"

"Yup! She got blown all the way to Dragonspine." Lucielle told her as she stiffled her laughter. She didn't want Paimon to give her another round of yelling. Paimon had a high pitched voice and her yelling at her ears was painful but it was totally worth it.

"Lucielle you meanie!" Paimon huffed and folded her arms. Lucielle was totally exaggerating with the Dragonspine part. She turned away from Lucielle while angrily stomping her feet. "Paimon's not talking to you ever again!"

"That's fine," Lucielle smiled, "such a shame though, I was going to cook the dishes you like for dinner."

Paimon quickly turned around to face Lucielle. She slightly drooled as she imagined all her favorite dishes in front of her. Surely, she can forgive Lucielle with the little incident awhile ago. Also, she was kinda used to getting blown away. First by Dvalin, second by Signora, and now Lucielle. Although the thought of getting blown away made her irritated, it was nothing compared for her love of food.

"Paimon was just kidding, Lucielle! Now, why don't Paimon help you in preparing. Ehe."

Lumine sighed. Was Paimon acting like Venti now? She cleared her throat to catch her friends attention. "Verr Goldet mentioned that if we wanna talk to Xiao again then we should cook him some Almond Tofu and a dish of our choice."

"Paimon knows! Why don't we make him a Satisfying Salad?"

"Why that?"

"Paimon likes it!"

"It's for the adeptus, not you."

"Paimon still thinks it's a safe choice for a dish!"

"Right.."
------------------------------------------------------------
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" Paimon screamed and hid behind Lumine.

Lucielle flinched at her scream. Paimon's high pitch voice was no joke, it can seriously cause her ears to ache. As much as she loves the floating fairy, she just hopes that she wouldn't scream or yell next to someone's ear.

"I-it's a ghost!" Paimon shouted as she pointed to the little girl who was running around the kitchen. "Paimon's out of here!" She said, disappearing into thin air.

The two girls looked at each other. Is that the reason why the chef refuses to enter the kitchen? They bumped to him earlier when they've arrived at the Inn but he didn't really talk to them as he was busy muttering about ghosts.