The Master of Mischief

• Serena Black •

• Serena Black •

„I've been doing pranks my whole life,
so I guess I'm pretty good at it."

It didn't take long before Serena had to admit to herself that the whole thing wasn't as easy as she had thought at first. However, she would never admit this out loud and she would certainly not surrender.

Her first attempt at proving that she could fool a real marauder was to place a plastic spider on the side of Remus' chair while he was leafing through the Daily Prophet. Serena saw for herself that it had been rather ridiculous. Her godfather had simply flicked it off, not even realising that Serena had meant to scare him.

Her father had watched her with a raised eyebrow over his book. Shaking his head, he had laughed when Serena had crouched beside the armchair with pursed lips. Sighing, Remus had slammed the paper shut and left the room. "Leave me out of this," he had muttered on his way out.

The next attempt was made by Serena a few days later, when she had suggested cooking something for lunch. It was a classic from the Muggle world, which she hoped her father would not know. The three plates of spaghetti bolognese were already ready to eat on the kitchen counter. She prepared one of them with a good portion of Tabasco.

The large dining table was already set, so Serena just had to place the plates the way she wanted them. Her father didn't seem to suspect a thing and didn't even look up when she placed the steaming noodles in front of him. Instead, his grey eyes were glued to a letter and suddenly got very big. Then he beamed from ear to ear. "They have the tickets!" he exclaimed delightedly.

"What?"

"The tickets for the Quidditch World Cup! Ireland versus Bulgaria! By Merlin's beard, I'm so excited!" His storm grey eyes lit up with anticipation and Serena couldn't help but join in his cheers. Ron had already hinted that his father had contacts and would try to get tickets for the event, but she hadn't really believed in it.

"The Weasleys are coming here next week for the rest of the holidays, we have room enough and then we'll get Harry!" There was now an even wider grin on her father's face at the thought of picking up his godson. Dumbledore had forbidden him to take Harry away from his aunt and uncle before his birthday.

Serena sat down next to Remus and opposite him and tried to pretend that she was devoting herself entirely to her plate of spaghetti. However, she didn't take her eyes off her father for a second. She wouldn't want to miss the look on his face for a hundred galleons. Alike, she twisted the noodles onto her fork and looked upwards, emphatically disinterested.

But as if he had seen through her long ago, he didn't start eating like Remus, but instead merely stared at his plate. Serena raised an eyebrow. "You don't like spaghetti bolognese?"