(Don't) Kiss her when she's mad!

• Serena Black •

• Serena Black •

"There is nothing either good or bad,
but thinking makes it so."

It was probably not unusual that Serena had to spend another day in the hospital wing after such a diagnosis in order to rule out a possible relapse. So it was hardly surprising that she was more than relieved that nothing like that happened and was actually already looking forward to being able to attend classes again.

In the afternoon, after another examination to be really sure, she was finally allowed to leave the hospital room. Unfortunately, this also meant saying goodbye to her family.
At least for the time being. She would see her mother again during the Christmas holidays and her father and Remus at the first task of the Triwizard Tournament, where they wanted to cheer Harry on.

They had talked about it for a long time that evening with Harry, who had found out that the first task was dragons. Luckily, her father had had an idea and suggested a Summoning Charm, which Harry would practise with Hermione as soon as possible.

Immediately after Serena's release from the hospital wing, she and Hailey went to the library to try and catch up on the lessons they had missed, but neither of them seemed to be able to concentrate very well. This was not only because the room was full to bursting with students piling up between the shelves, but more likely because of the Yule ball, the date of which was fast approaching.

"Do you know what colour you want your dress to be yet?" asked Hailey, her eyes shining as the open book rested unheeded on the table beside her. "I think red would look great on you, I want a purple one..." The Hufflepuff faltered for a moment, seeming to be distracted by something behind Serena. Her mouth open, she reached for her upper arm and sank her fingernails into the fabric of her cloak. "Oh my god. That's him!"

The boy she was pointing at, including a few other surrounding students, gave them strange looks at Hailey's exclamation. Serena furtively pretended to look something up in the book on the table, "Don't be so obvious," she hissed to her best friend with hot cheeks, hoping that no one had heard what exactly Hailey had been screeching about.

Hailey, however, continued to beam unflinchingly at the boy in the sky blue school uniform. "This is the cute French guy I was telling you about!"

"Mhm...", Serena made without lifting her eyes and continued trying not to let on that they were talking about the Beauxbatons student.

Hailey boxed her shoulder indignantly. "You're not even looking!" she pouted.

Sighing, the Gryffindor finally looked up from the book cautiously to make sure beforehand that they were no longer the centre of attention. In fact, the surrounding students had returned to their own affairs.