A fashionable statement

• Serena Black •

• Serena Black •

„Traditional?
They're ancient!
I look like my great aunt Tessie!"

Peace had finally returned to the campsite. The loud explosive noises and also the panicked screams had fallen silent in the meantime. Nevertheless, none of them really wanted to stay on this campsite any longer than necessary. Mr Weasley, however, had thought it best to get a few more hours' sleep before they set off back to Crystal Cottage the next morning.

The sun had not yet risen, but Serena believed it would not be long before daylight would shine on the ruined campsite. Fortunately, their tents did not seem to have been affected by the fires. Serena climbed through the low entrance behind Harry. On the one hand she felt completely drained after the nerve-wracking night, on the other hand she couldn't spare a single thought for sleep. Too much had happened for that.

Remus seemed to see it the same way, fortunately, which was why he decided to make hot chocolate for everyone in the small kitchenette that was part of the inventory of the magical tent.

"Could someone explain to me what that skull was all about?" asked Harry a little later, as they sat together on the couch, each holding a mug of cocoa between their palms.

"The skull hasn't been seen for thirteen years," Remus reported quietly, yet not a little worried. "It's the mark of you-know-who."

"Anyway, that's what triggered the Death Eaters to finally run off in panic before we could take them on and rip the masks off their faces," Serena's father added, surprisingly calm after what had happened in the forest. That strange word again. Death Eaters. People who ate death? Serena took the chance to get at least one question burning on her tongue. "What are Death Eaters?"

"Voldemort's followers," he explained, not seeming to mind saying the controversial name. Serena, on the other hand, felt the fine hairs on her arms stand up.

"We can't prove it was them, Sirius," Remus contradicted his friend, but sighed in surrender. "Though you're probably right."

"But if it was Voldemort's followers, why did they disappear when they saw the sign?" interjected Harry in wonder. Serena nodded. Yes, that didn't make sense to her either.

"Emphasis on were," Remus said, sighing and setting his mug down on the low table in front of them. "If they were indeed Death Eaters, they went out of their way not to get into Azkaban back then, making up all sorts of tall tales. I bet they're even more scared than the rest of us that You-Know-Who is coming back. When he lost power, they denied they ever had anything to do with him and condemned his actions. I guess he wouldn't be too fond of them, would he?"