The Triwizard Tournament

• Serena Black •

• Serena Black •

„Eternal glory awaits the student
who wins the tournament."

Serena didn't know how she had managed to get her hair dry inside the castle, only that all her efforts were undone when she spotted Peeves the poltergeist in the entrance hall. He seemed to have made it his mission to personally help things along by throwing water bombs.

"Careful, Black." The sneering voice behind her made her turn around directly, annoyed. Because she knew that voice pretty well by now, even if she wished it were different. Why didn't he just leave her in peace? Just because they had wandered through the forest together after the World Cup didn't mean he now had to follow her every move. "What do you want, Hall?"

To Serena's regret, the fireworks didn't seem to have left a lasting impression on the Slytherin, as the stupid grin graced his face once more. Though he still wore the charred school uniform, he had covered the grossest of it with a green Slytherin scarf that hung over the tatters on his torso. While a little too warm for the time of year, despite the beastly weather, it concealed the fact that the twins had successfully played a trick on him.

"Um, Serena?" Hailey, meanwhile, had begun tugging impatiently at her cloak.

"Not now!" hissed Serena, continuing to glare at Hall instead, who raised his voice again. The corners of his mouth pulled apart triumphantly at the sides. "I just wanted to give you a heads up that you might be getting pretty wet in the near future."

"Is this supposed to be another one of those stupid..."

Splash

A bright pink water bomb had fallen from above directly onto Serena's head, emptying its contents completely onto her hair. She looked up, spluttering and her hair dripping. The surrounding students fled shrieking from further attacks from Peeves and shoved each other out of the line of fire.

"I warned you," Hall said simply, eyeing her as if it were Christmas and his birthday at the same time.

When Serena's gaze wandered upwards, she merely looked at him smugly. "Well, look up yourself," she bitched at him and wrung out her hair, which was dripping wet. Individual drops slapped the marble floor and she could already foresee that her dark curls would probably look like a straw sack when dry.

Just a few centimetres above Hall's still perfectly styled blond hair, a green water bomb was now also lingering. Confused, he looked up. Just at that moment the balloon fell and burst in the middle of his face. The guy didn't seem particularly intelligent, anyway, it flashed through Serena's mind as she turned away with satisfaction and drew out her wand.