An alliance with the enemy

• Edmund Hall •

• Edmund Hall •

„Unsaid things are
often lost in the heart
lost and forgotten."

The next day, Edmund just couldn't sit still. Black was buzzing around in his head all the time, like an annoying fly. His homework was done and he sat at one of the tables on a high armchair in the common room, lost in thought. The light there looked greenish as usual through the wall of windows overlooking the inside of the lake, but he had long since become accustomed to that, rather than letting the small amount of light bother him.

Snape had actually given him three whole months of detention, but it had been worth it. He was already picturing in his head how grateful Black would be if he saved her. He would memorise the look on her face so he would never forget it. Perhaps then she would fall for him as much as most of the other girls at Hogwarts?

Again and again Edmund went over the plan in his mind, nothing could go wrong. It was perfect. Flawless. However, he would need help with his final stage....

But he couldn't think that part through at that moment, as someone settled on his lap and wrapped their arms around his neck. Immediately a flowery smell crept into his nose and blond hair tickled his face. "I didn't see you at all yesterday."

"And there was a reason for that," Edmund returned dryly, trying to push the Slytherin away from him. But Daphne clung stubbornly to his neck and began to spread kisses there.

"Get off," he sighed in annoyance, finally managing to shift the clingy girl to a chair of her own. "I'm not in the mood right now."

"Fine," she hissed back, pouting. "Then maybe next time I won't be in the mood either."

Edmund massaged his temples, stressed. After almost two whole nights without sleep, he really couldn't stand this bitching. He needed his rest and indeed, for once, he really had better things to do.

Curious, the blonde suddenly reached out her greedy fingers for the reason for his last half-sleepless night. "Don't touch!" he hastily rebuked her, catching her wrist in mid-air. Otherwise all his work would have been for nothing. He had even asked Tim for help and he had been anything but enthusiastic about staying up half the night with him.

"Who's that for?" asked Daphne suspiciously, because a rose is not something you give to your headmaster.

"None of your business."

"Is it for a girl?" she inquired, narrowing her blue eyes suspiciously.

"And even if it was," Edmund replied slowly enough for her to follow, noticing for himself how irritable he was thanks to the lack of sleep, "I don't see why it would be any of your business. We. Are. Not. Together. Daphne!"