Too much of a good thing

• Serena Black •

• Serena Black •

"Everyone seems a little more beautiful
when your lonely"

Only a few minutes after her father, Serena also stumbled through the gates of the castle into the entrance hall. With her mind spinning, she leaned against the cool stone wall and was glad to have a moment to herself. After the kiss, she had merely pressed his jacket into Hall's hand and had said a fleeting goodbye before leaving him standing there almost in a hurry.

She had kissed Hall. No, he had kissed her! But she had let him. The Gryffindor felt a sickening aftertaste spread almost abruptly across her tongue and whether she imagined it or not, she was probably making a face at that moment as if she had just bitten directly into a lemon.

Serena eventually came to the conclusion that she needed something to disinfect, and not just her mouth, but her entire memory. Fortunately, the students who were in the Entrance Hall seemed quite preoccupied with themselves or their partner, so no one noticed Serena descend into the underground part of Hogwarts.

She only slowed her steps when she reached the corridor with the paintings, all of which showed food. She walked purposefully towards the painting with the bowl of fruit, trying to ignore the cupcake bouncing up and down excitedly on one of the other paintings. After tickling the pea, she was cleared a path to the spacious kitchen.

"Miss Serena has come to see Dobby?" a high-pitched voice squealed delightedly and already the little house-elf was waddling towards her with bright eyes, which Serena commented with a smile. "Of course, Dobby!"

The elf's tennis ball-sized eyes grew even bigger, if that was even possible, as he stared at her excitedly. "So what may Dobby serve Miss Serena with?"

"Um... I'd like a drink," she stammered with an uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach. She didn't know how accommodating the house elves were in that regard. Even though quite a few students seemed to have no problem whatsoever getting hold of alcohol.

"And what would Miss Serena like to drink?" the elf asked gleefully. Apparently he did not yet suspect that Serena was by no means thinking of pumpkin juice. However, she didn't know how to express her wish without upsetting Dobby, so she merely paused for a few seconds. "Maybe something... Um...To clear my head a bit.... You know... To have fun."

Uncomprehendingly, the huge eyes stared at her. "Dobby doesn't quite understand."

Serena sighed and decided to put her money where her mouth was; after all, she probably wouldn't get anywhere with the little house elf any other way. "Do you have anything with alcohol?"