CHAPTER: 14

Chapter 14

Under the star, darkness envelops the atmosphere. There is still light that will give a big light as strong as the moon.

We were sitting in the wooden chair, both of us staring at the lights hanging from the tree. We can't take our eyes off it, it's not boring to look at.

Up to here the music could be heard coming from the field and gym. Others haven’t left yet so there are still people here on campus. We are the only two here in the garden.

She looked up with smile on her lips. I didn't realise that I was already smiling, I immediately removed my smile when she slowly looked at me. "I want to move on with life, I have so many dreams but I know there is a limit to what I can do. Maybe I can't reach that even though I'm still breathing…" She bowed slightly, sadness changed her face.

"You're capable of doing amazing things so don't lower yourself, there are people who believe in you," I said. She looked at me and there I saw tears form in her eyes. I didn't expect her to suddenly cry and was just looking at me.

"It's hard, it's hard when you insist that you're okay but …" she stopped and pointed to her heart. "Ang sakit, I'm afraid that one day I'll be weak and I'll just find the hope I'm looking for in that day." Suddenly I hugged her, her shoulder shaking because she was crying.

"Don't think that. You're the bravest woman I've ever met."

Later, she settled down. She stared at me while wearing her wide smile. "While I'm still here I want to see your true colour, I want others to see the real you that they haven't met yet. And when that happens I can say I've reached the one of my dreams."

"I want to watch you turn in many color that represents what you are," dagdag niya. 

She just looked at me, waiting for my answer so I immediately said, "I don't know if I can but you can count on me to try." I tried to smile at her to ease her feelings.

"I can't wait to see you wearing your glamorous smile again…"

I stood in front of her, she gave me a startled look. I held out my hand to her and she immediately accepted it. We walked until we got to the car. I opened the door for her.

"Saan tayo pupunta?" tanong niya bago pumasok sa passenger seat. 

Tinignan ko siya ng ilang sandali at nagsalita, "In a place where for me there's silence." She hadn’t spoken since then so I operated my car until we reached the place I was referring to.

She got out of the car with me. I looked at her who was now staring at it, she walked over and leaned against the railing of the bridge. I approached her place. "When I feel sad I always come here, sometimes here  I screaming the pain I feel even there are people looking at me." She laughed softly at the last thing I said. “I want to laugh at myself because I almost killed my life here,” she said. I still remember that day we met.

"Suicide is not the answer to escape everyone while you still alive, make the most of it until you lose your breath naturally." Malungkot siyang ngumiti sa akin. 

"Gusto mo bang mabuhay ng matagal?" hindi na ako nagulat sa tanong niya dahil minsan na din 'yan itanong sa akin. "I can't control my life so I can't say how long my life will last. "

"In case I get lost in the world, I want someone to believe me in what I can. I want to make the most of my life holding his hand until I just voluntarily part my hand away from his." I stared at her staring into space. I don’t know why she’s telling me this.

"I know you can fulfil what you want in life, I want to see you standing in your own gallery and when that happens I'm there watching you." Her eyes glowed looking into my eyes. "If that ever happens I want myself to be the one who congrats you," she said. I laughed slightly at what she said and nodded.