CHAPTER: 24

Chapter 24

The family is your home, even if you move away or disappear, you still have a family to go to.

The smiles of the students were so beautiful today as they took turns climbing the stage. The joy of the parents as they watched and hung the medal was indescribable. This day will be the end of our battle as senior high. We have all invested to learn and now all the hardships we have experienced have been replaced by joy.

I smiled as I watched my two friends, Ryan was still crying while aunt hugged him. Palihim na tumawa si Jacob habang nakamasid kay Ryan.

Ngumiti ako sa taas. I hope Mom will be proud of me. Dad hung my medal on me. He smiled as he watched me, hanging the medal that every student goal, a medal proving that all hardship can be replaced by a good result eventually.

Dad and I went downstairs, many cameras focused on the stage. When we got away, dad put his arm around me. "I'm proud of you son," I smiled sparingly. We continued walking towards Ryan and Jacob who were now with their respective parents.

My aunt and uncle greeted me one by one. The two approached me and suddenly hugged me tightly, I almost coughed dahil sa pagkakaipit ko. Tumawa silang dalawa at pinakawalan ako. 

Tinalim ko sila ng tingin pero tawa lang ang ginawa nila. "Congrats sa ating tatlo!" tuwang tuwa na bati ni Ryan.

We are still wearing our academic regalia. We toured the entire field of our school. When we reached the field, the two immediately approached me and took me on their shoulders. I would have liked to complain but they were smiling looking at the classrooms that had been our home for several years.

For the last time we looked at what became our second home. Hindi namin inaakala na aalis na kami dito, alam namin na may tahanan na bubukas para sa amin ang college life.

Bumalik na kami sa venue. Nilibot ko ang aking mga mata, hindi ko pa nakikita si Jazure simula kanina, kahit ang mama niya ay hindi ko napansin kanina kaya nag aalala ako para kay Jazure. 

I immediately lost my attention looking for Jazure when I saw Mr cruz. My eyebrows met as I saw him smiling at me. "Congrats Mr. Nativity," he greeted. I just nodded, who wouldn't be awkward in our situation now.

He tapped me on the shoulder and said goodbye to leave. When he left, I walked until I came to the chair under the tree, which is one of the places Jazure goes to. I approached there and slowly sat down.

I looked up at the tree that covered my place from the sunlight. I was in this position when I felt someone looking at me. She also wore academic regalia, her short hair with a hairpin that I gave and her smile that never fades.

I stood up and walked towards her, I was only a few steps away when she greeted me with a hug so in the end we both fell on the grass. Dumaing ako dahil sa sakit ng aking likuran. Nataranta naman siya kaya agad siyang tumayo at tinulungan akong tumayo din. 

"Sorry…" 

I was still holding my back. I felt she's so heavy that she almost broke my bone. My eyes widened as she hugged me again but this time it was light like I'm in the clouds.

Ilang sandali pa'y humiwalay na rin siya sa akin. "You are close to having your dream. Just trust yourself." 

"Anong plano mo ngayong summer?" I asked.