CHAPTER: 20

Chapter 20

While there is a chance, have fun and live your life.

Fireworks.

I immediately closed her notebook when I saw the door open, nagpaalam siya na iihi kanina. My curiosity consumed me so I didn't realise that I had opened her notebook. Umayos ako ng upo sa sofa at umaktong walang ginalaw na gamit niya. 

Later, the doctor came to check on her health. Here I am outside, in the garden of the hospital, I see other young patients playing with other children. I smiled as I watched them. May nakabantay sa kanilang nurse na nasa gilid at tuwang tuwa na pinapanood sila. 

I put the camera over my eye and took a picture of them. I lowered the camera with a smile on my face, I was just happy because even though they were sick it didn't stop them from being happy. Many people aspire to have a long life, just like them.

A few days ago when I visited Jazure in the hospital, she was also about to be discharged this week. She said when she was released from the hospital she wanted to immediately continue fulfilling her bucket list. Before I went here to the hospital I visited the kids.

Natapos na rin ang long quiz namin, pinaghandaan namin ang araw na iyon malapit na din nilang iaanounce ang mga score na nakuha namin. Si Jazure ay excuse, kapag nakalabas na daw siya sa hospital saka niya itatake ang test. 

It's already night but I don't know why she called me, I just came home earlier, just a few hours ago she suddenly called. I ran to the front of the hospital after I got out of my car.

I hadn't been able to enter completely when I saw Jazure behind the tree. My eyebrows met as I looked at her, she called me so I approached her. "Tumakas ka ba?" agad kong tanong. 

"Hindi naman ako nahuli," aniya. I was shaken a few times. She was wearing a black jacket so she was not easy to notice in the dark. She took my hand and slowly stepped away from there. When we got away from there she immediately turned on her flashlight, I just followed her.

The surroundings are dark, the only source of light is the faint light coming from the street light. You will hear different sounds coming from the insects. I grabbed her jacket so she stopped for a moment and faced me. "Where are we going?"

"You'll also see when we're already there." We resumed walking. We both stopped when we saw the little lights on a tree, we started because of the beauty, I never thought I would see fireflies again.

She smiles as she watches them, the light they give off catches the eye of us, so colourful and so bright. She approached there and I followed while still not taking my eyes off it. I don't have my camera so I couldn't take a picture of it but even then my two eyes saw it.

"Farrel!" a smiling Jazure calls me. I stared at her and now she was in the middle of the fireflies, surrounded by different colours of light. My world seemed to stop when I saw her dancing in the middle of the natural lights. I didn’t realise I was already smiling.

I slowly approached her. “Firework is what I would have liked to see tonight but I didn’t expect fireflies look more enticing in the dark,” She softly said. "I also want to be like them, giving light in the midst of darkness."

"Whatever you want to be… you are still the rainbow that gave colour to my life…"

I took a deep breath and then went to where dad was sitting, he was reading a magazine while sipping coffee. Standing in front of him. I do this because I want dad to know what I want. "Do you want to say something?" His baritone question.