CHAPTER: 25

Chapter 25

When it hurts––observe. Life is trying to teach you something. 

It's summer time. Ryan and Jacob went on vacation abroad with their parents. While I am still here at home but happy because I am with my family. Ang dami namin ginawa bilang pamilya, pakiramdam ko bumalik kami sa dati. It feels good as you watch each member of the family with joy on their lips.

Dad is resting now because he's tired, nagjogging kasi kami kanina kasama siya. Even though Dad was having trouble breathing earlier because of walking, he still didn't give up.

"Have you thought about the course you're going to take in college?" tanong ni Kuya. Nasa terrace kami ngayon habang nakatanaw sa labas. 

Tumango ako at ngumiti. "Oo kuya."

"Are you sure you're the one to handle dad's company? Dad will understand if you don't want to, right?" he laughed because of what I said.

"When I left I really didn't want to manage the company so I chose to leave. During my stay in America, I didn't expect that little by little I was enjoying handling a business so I came home here to deal with it and that's what I want too," I was just looking at him. "I used to think it wasn't for me but now that I realise that I love this, I came back."

"Kaya ikaw, habang maaga pa huwag mong hayaan na hindi mo matupad ang pangarap mo because you think it’s not for you. You can't face everything if you’re always covered by fear, fear of failing."

I silently stared at the ceiling of my room, until now I could not sleep. I moved to the side and closed my eyes again but my brain was still awake.

Suddenly my phone rang, placed near the lampshade. I immediately picked it up and answered the call even though I didn’t know who it was.

I would have spoken first when I heard their panic shout. "F-Farrel. Pwede ka bang pumunta dito. Hinahanap ka ni jazure." its voice trembled from crying.

I got up suddenly from my bed and picked up my jacket that was hanging behind the door. I took my car key. I step out carefully so as not to make a noise. My chest throbbed, I quickly drove the car until I reached the hospital where she is now admitted.

Jazure's mom greeted me, "Sorry, kanina ka pa binabanggit ni jazure, hindi namin alam kung anong gagawin." 

"Okay lang po tita, asan po siya?" nagsimula na kaming maglakad, nakasunod lang ako kay tita hanggang sa marating namin ang silid na tinutukoy niya. My heartbeat get faster as it seemed nervous about what was happening. My hand was shaking as I held the door lock.

Nakahiga siya sa kanyang higaan. Kita ko ang pag aalala sa mukha ng lola niya. Nasa gilid niya ang papa niya, hawak-hawak nito ang kamay ni Jazure. "Nakatulog na siya, sobrang sakit daw ng likod niya. Parang mas lumala na ang cancer niya sa spinal cord," sabi ng papa niya. 

I stiffened in my position. She has spinal cord cancer. It was like a dagger had pierced my chest because of what I had found out. I felt so much pain as I watched her close her eyes tightly because of the pain she was in.

Her dad stroked her hair. I didn't realise that my tears had been dripping. I feel my chest so heavy.

She slowly opened her eyes. I immediately wiped away my tears and acted normal. Huminto ang nanghihina niyang tingin sa akin. "Farrel…" she said my name while smiling.