𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 - 𝘌𝘷𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢

• • •

The worst feeling is knowing you have disappointed someone

Not someone who you merely care about but someone who you strive to impress every day, yet it's still never enough. The feeling of bending to others, breaking your own back just so they can stand tall.

It's consuming, slowly taking away parts of you until you are a shell, a puppet, and someone else is controlling the strings of your life. You can only watch as they take your life from you and replace it with their wants.

You're stuck in time re-watching the bad movie. Eyes watering, breath shaking, yet don't forget to smile Evanna.

Sit straight. Stand tall. Watch your posture. Elbows off the table. Smile. Smile. Smile...

How can I smile?

Mother found out about Sloan.

She knows we slept together and I do not know how she found out, but judging by the look on her face, she is not happy. Getting her text after we had cut our losses with each other was the last straw.

With my last words to Sloan being, 'don't let your grades drop ship-boy, we all know you can't afford to be here.' I had never gotten home so fast before. He was pissed, of course, but I couldn't care less. He had made me vulnerable. It's only fair he feels the same.

I'm starting to wish I had taken my time, though. Walking through the foyer, I spot her straight figure sitting on a chair at the dining table. She sits at the head with her hands clasped together and is staring straight at me.

"Sit down."

I stop for a second to put my handbag by the stairs. Then I cautiously walk toward the table, unsure of how this is all going to play out.

"Now!"

The volume of her screech causes me to flinch and reach for the nearest chair, shoving myself into it. I watch her take a deep breath as if composing herself.

"We have a lot to talk about, Evanna."

Did I ever tell you I hate my name?

"Okay," I whisper, pulling the sleeves of my jumper over my hands.

She rolls her eyes at the movement. "You have had these pills for a month. Yet instead of losing, you have 2 extra inches on your waist. Care to tell me why?"