𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘍𝘪𝘷𝘦 - 𝘌𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘦

• • •

"How was it?"

"How was it?"

Sloan asks the minute I get into his truck and put my seatbelt over my bump. I had just attended my first pregnancy support group and he was bursting at the seems for information but all I could think about was food.

"Talking later, food now." 

He chuckles driving off and into the traffic before asking me where I want to eat. I reply with Indian because I have been craving a korma with some naan bread all day.

The drive to the restaurant is mostly quiet with the occasional chatter about our day and how Sloan is getting on in practice. Matches were beginning to pile up as the big game was only 12 weeks away. 12 weeks and he could be drafted into the NHL and I am so proud of him for pushing for what he wants, he's become more paranoid and precise but I think he is just worrying.

Sloan stops outside the restaurant before rushing out to go grab the food we had ordered on the way. Being 26 weeks pregnant meant that I was eating a lot more than I was used to, Sloan doesn't think its enough sometimes but I have to remind him that compared to how I was with portions it is a major improvement. 

My mind wonders as I press down on my bump and smile when she responds with a kick right back. She has become so lively over the past few weeks its a joy to feel her little feet moving around, yet on the other hand she likes to wake me up at 4am on the dot at the moment. 

I also had my first appointment with the therapist Sloan suggested and it was okay. We didn't cover much and it was more us getting to know each other so that next session I could be more 'open' with him. His words not mine.

Sloan jumping back into the car shakes me out of my thoughts and I almost moan at the smell of the bag of food.

"Go on, say it." He grins.

"Can I marry you? You get me the best food." I pout widening my eyes at him.

"By 'get' do you mean simply pick it up and giving it to you?"

"Yup." I moan already beginning to eat one of the naan's. Gosh this is heaven. 

He looks at me for a moment with something in his eyes I haven't noticed before. A mixture of proudness, humour and something else that makes his eyes look soft. I pause swallowing deeply as my cheeks flush from his attention. 

"Everything ok?" I question quietly, slightly tilting my head to frown at him.

"Everything is prefect." He smiles that lopsided boyish one that makes my breath hitch. The one you don't get to see very often on him unless you really know him.