𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦 - 𝘌𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘦

• • •

"You should be resting

"You should be resting."

 Sloan glared at me from my couch as I l waddled out of the bedroom in one of his shirts. I grinned just to annoy him further as I made my way into the kitchen for a glass of orange juice. It was the only thing I was able to really keep down this past week.

We had our check up last week but it was a different doctor to who I usually had. She didn't seem to understand my background and wasn't concerned by the different symptoms I had been having.

My blood pressure was still high but at this point me and Sloan weren't shocked, however when my ankles had all of sudden grow two to three sizes it was quiet random. Then the headaches at night started which lead me to being sick. So it was safe to say my stomach had been extra sensitive this past week.

Add to that my sleep was getting worse. After we made it official a month ago, Sloan had brought me a pregnancy pillow which had quickly become my best friend, yet I was still unsettled at night. I realised that I needed him and he could not have been more happy to hear that.

He had started to become restless and sulking about not being able to do anything so I think that gave him a sense of control and ease. He felt needed. 

"I don't want to lie down, its uncomfortable." I murmured shaking my head and drinking from the carton. Yes I know I'm drinking from the carton but sue me, I was heavily pregnant, swollen and grumpy. 

"Come here." Motioning me towards him with his fingers he spreads his legs open on the couch and pats his lap.

Waddling over to him he tries to bite back a smile but fails, his grin lighting up his eyes and making my stomach flutter. He had moved in last week and I was so happy when I saw him with his stuff. 

Taking ahold of his outstretched hand he gently pulls me towards him and sits me down sideways on his lap before leaning back into the couch. Breathing out a sigh of relief as he begins to rub my back my head falls to his chest.

"I'm struggling." I whisper feeling emotional.

"I know baby, you are doing so well little thorn." He hums running his other hand through my hair as my eyes water. "I'm going to get in touch with doc, I want you seen again."

I just nodded beyond the point of exhaustion to fight or panic like I normally would. I would do anything to stop feeling like this. My body hurt, my emotions were spilling over and I was so tired. At this point I just wanted my little girl healthy in my arms but I wasn't due for another 4 weeks.