𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘢𝘯

• • •

I want to be wrong about something

But I fear I am not and for the life of me I hope I am wrong.

I had just come over to Ellie's with a small bag of baby clothes I had been slowly picking up here and there. They were small, cute and pink. You know, what mom's dream about when having a tiny baby.

Her reaction however, I was not expecting.

As she got each one out her face didn't change, didn't scrunch up at the cuteness, didn't cry because they were so small. Nothing. Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Her eyes didn't light up, they stayed blank. Her lips didn't raise into a smile and the only interest she really had in them was the feel of the materials.

That was where my suspicions started, then we talked about the nursery. You know, pink princesses and shit. What little girls dream about when they grow up. Once again, nothing.

Then I even dared to ask about names, yeah big mistake.

She is now locked in the bathroom and refusing to come out and I have no fucking clue what I have done. But I have a suspicion and I really want to be wrong. Otherwise this could undo all of the hard work we have put in to get to the place where we are now.

Sitting on the couch holding one of the tiny teddies I had picked up, my fingers feel over the soft ear of elephant. You know, Ellie the elephant? That was where my head was at when I saw it.

I thought she would like this stuff, it would show I'm taking responsibility and not leaving it all to her.

The bathroom door opens and she slowly walks out towards the kitchen to make herself a drink. I already know what she is going to pick up when she opens the fridge. Orange juice.

Checking her phone she sighs at whatever she finds on there.

"Are we not going to talk about this?" I ask lifting my gaze from the pink elephant towards her frame. Her bump is completely visible now and looks like she has a melon stored under her top. It's cute, she looks cute with our daughter cooking in her.

"About what?" She replies taking a sip of her juice before walking over to sit opposite me on the couch.

"Really?"

Her phone dings and she scrambles to get it, looking over the screen she deflates at whatever is on there.

My eyes widen as I realise, "You are still hung up on her."