𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘖𝘯𝘦 - 𝘌𝘷𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘏𝘪𝘭𝘭

• • •

My heart feels so full it could burst

Humming to myself as Rosie feeds I rock the chair back and forth slowly. Her tiny fist keeps opening and closing like she is trying to grab onto my skin as little suckling noises escape her.

She is officially 2 weeks old today and it is safe to say me and Sloan could not be more in love with her and each other if we tried. Although getting no sleep is defiantly getting to us as Sloan has been training everyday for the last week. His big game is next week and he is so nervous.

I feel nervous for him but I know he will play like he always does and get scouted because how could they not pick him up? However it means he aches all the time, drips ice all over the sofa and as much as he wants to help with Rosie I know how tired he is.

She hums, her eyes fluttering as she starts to dose off and I smile. I haven't heard from my mother either and I was completely okay with it. I knew I would have to confront her at some point but my focus at the moment was my family.

"My little Rosie." I whisper running a finger gently down her nose. God she was so cute I could stare at her all day, all my previous fears have been evaporating because I knew I would never ever let her down.

Placing a kiss to her soft forehead I inhale her baby smell. I wish I could keep it in a jar, it makes me sad knowing one day I'll hug her and she won't have it.

Looking up I startle when I realise someone is there but relax when I see who it is. Sloan is leaning on the doorframe, hair a mess from being asleep and a lazy smile on his face as he watches us. His chest is bare showing off his muscles and some grey joggers lay low on his hips.

"Hi." I whisper.

"Hey." He whispers back grinning from ear to ear, "You look gorgeous."

I smile looking down at Rosie to avoid him seeing the blush staining my cheeks.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go for a walk at the park? Some fresh air would do us some good and walking will help your recovery." He shrugs walking over slowly. Crouching down on his knees he holds her hand with one of his fingers as he gives her a kiss on her cheek. Then leaning up to me he kisses me softly moving our lips together in sync as one hand cups my cheek.

"Okay." I nod my head breathing heavily, "If you are sure."

An hour later we are all washed and dressed and slowly making our way to the park. Sloan is pushing the pram as I hold onto his arm. He looks so hot right now, in fact seeing him looking after her is so attractive.