𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘢𝘯

• • •

"Why is she here?"

"Why is she here?"

Hector sneers pulling his helmet off with force and shoving it onto the floor of the changing rooms.

The rest of the team turn to look as I enter through the door with Evanna on my trail. Some grin happy to see me others carry the same look as Hector. Ronan catches my eyes and gives me a single nod.

"You finally coming back to play?" Jonah asks stepping forward as the others murmur in agreement. My hold on Evanna's hand tightens as she hides sightly behind me.

"I never stopped jerks. I just missed a couple practices for something important." I replied. Jeez you would think I haven't played for a year. "Nice to know you missed me. I know I'm the favourite." I drawl leaning back against the wall and tucking Ellie into my side.

The series of 'fuck off' and 'shut up asshole' fill the room as we all joke with each other. I have missed being in their presence and I'm kinda looking forward to working my ass off again. I feel like I have been slacking and considering this is the most important moments before getting drafted I feel I need to start picking up my speed.

After telling them all to hurry up and get ready to meet us on the rink we both leave the locker rooms and start to walk towards the ice. Coach is already there speaking with Ma. Ever since she got my message she has been trying to get in contact with me or surprise me with visits.

Except this is not something you tell your mom over the phone or just in passing. No instead I'm telling her at the same time as everyone else. Yeah I don't know why I thought of that either. Not my finest moment i'll tell you.

With Evanna's growing bump and her in the process of moving we felt that it was now or never to tell everyone. The longer we kept it a secret the more explaining we would have to do and it's not something we need right now. I'm trying to keep Evanna as stress free as possible.

Sitting on the bench I slide on my skates and tie them within seconds the feeling is similar to driving, you do it without thought. Yet Evanna's annoyed huff catches my attention and I try not to smirk as I watch her attempt to tie up the laces to the pair she is borrowing.

"I'll do it." I mutter dropping to my knees in front of her to sort out her skates for her. She smiles tightly and I know she is nervous to tell everyone. "It will be fine." I reassure once I have finished tying up her laces.

"Are you sure?" She questions quietly placing a hand over her jumper which is hiding her small bump.

"Yes." I nod. Tucking some of her hair behind her ear I ask, "Have you invited your parents?"