Chapter 3

Beacon Infirmary

Professor Peach worked hard to reconstitute Cardin while he laid unconscious on a bed in the infirmary, with professors Ozpin and Goodwitch, as well as teams RWBY, JNR, and CFVY at the side, talking about what the hell happened in the cafeteria.

Ozpin: "So you're telling me that mister (L/n) did... this, to mister Winchester?" He asked, gesturing to Cardin's unconscious, beaten body.

Yang: "Yeah. One minute he finally starts opening up to us, and then the next minute BOOM! He goes on a sadistic rampage on team CRDL!"

Blake: "Well, I think you would do that if they bullied Ruby, would you not Yang?"

Yang: "Well of course I would! She's my little sister after all! (Y/n) however just looked at them pulling on Velvet's ears and attacked them like they ruined his life!" She explained. She thought the four bullies did indeed get what they deserved and all that, but even she admittedly wouldn't go that far mentally. Maybe if it was Ruby being attacked though...

Coco: "And the thing is, I don't know whether to teach him a lesson for scaring Velvet with that brutal display, or buy him a new outfit that would look good on him as thanks for giving them what they deserve." She herself had her misgivings about the Remnant newcomer with these recent developments. He had earned some good graces in her book by defending Velvet, but to take the beatdown to such an extreme, even she wouldn't go that far.

Glynda: "I knew that man was going to be trouble! And now look what's happened! A student beaten to such a degree. Even if this is Cardin Winchester we are talking about, to go this deep in punishment is unacceptable!" She snapped. Ever since he arrived here on Remnant, professor Goodwitch had had her suspicions of him from day one. From having a type of telekinesis that put her semblance to shame, to causing a scene right after waking up after healing him, and now this! Even if it was done against unrepenting, racist bullies, to do something like this was not okay at all in her books.

Ozpin: "Hmm... did mister (L/n) say anything after starting the escalation"

Ren: "Actually, he did indeed. After Cardin shouted at him, asking why he was defending Velvet, he said 'part of the reason is because this is to make up for beating up her team. The other part is because I've grown to like doing this to arrogant, pathetic scum like you'."

Yatsu: "Grown? Do you think then that he was raised to use such brutal methods against people like Cardin?"

Glynda: "By the heavens above, I hope not! If so, then he is a greater risk keeping here than we thought!"

Ozpin: "Now, now Glynda. If he was indeed raised to be this way, then there must be a good reason that made him this way. People are made the way they are, not born into it." He reasoned

Glynda: "Be that as it may sir, he needs to be taught that this is unacceptable on school grounds! What if he ends up killing someone?!" She exclaimed

Weiss: "Even though he isn't a student here?" Everyone turned to her as she said that. "What? He isn't a student here, so what's the point in wasting time with him?"

Ozpin: "Be that as it may, this indeed cannot be allowed to happen again. Team RWBY, please go tell him to meet me in my office right now."

Blake: "That actually might not be possible at the moment professor."

Ozpin: "And why is that?"

Ruby: "Because he left us." This immediately made everyone go rigid.

Glynda: "Left?! What do you mean left?! Did you all just let an aggressive human alien with unknown powers that could beat anyone that stared at him the wrong way just leave you all unattended?!" Now she was really worried. It was bad enough to do this to a student, if he did the same thing to another student that did something wrong, she didn't know what could happen.